Sign in to follow this  
wonderbar

Definitive Movie List

3 posts in this topic

Does anyone have or know of full listing of Sci-fi movies from the 1950's and 60's?

Some of the lists on the net seem to be missing some films.

> {quote:title=wonderbar wrote:}{quote}

> Does anyone have or know of full listing of Sci-fi movies from the 1950's and 60's?

> Some of the lists on the net seem to be missing some films.

You might want to check out the book "Variety's Science Fiction Reviews". It was published in 1985 and I would think is out of print, but you should be able find used copies from online book sellers.

Definitive? I don't know, but it reprints every science fiction film review the famous trade paper published starting with "Liquid Electricity" in November 1907 though the end of 1984. I can't swear that some films didn't slip through the cracks, but since Variety reviewed every film released, for trade purposes, it's certainly got to be one the more complete lists.

My best advise is to get the Bill Warren book, Keep Watching the Skies from MacFarland Press. It's a lot more than a list of movies. It's film reviews, anecdotes, and pretty much anything that a film fanatic would need. It covers from 1950-1962 (Warren felt that the 50's sci-fi wave extended past 1959).