Sign in to follow this  
TripleHHH

VCI Forgetten Noir DVD seres

3 posts in this topic

I am going to rent several movies in the VCI Forgotten Noir Series ..I know these have been out for quite some time but I had put these on the back burner for a while due to all the MOD titles from Warner ,etc

Any recommendations ?

I did get the first volume after a revisit these werent too bad...and would watch them again

Some I heard were "forgettable" some sound good ?

Thoughts please ! :)

Edited by: TripleHHH on Mar 27, 2011 8:36 AM

Funny you should mention this as I watched a few of these yesterday! I have all 4 of the bigger sets (some of them were released as 2 film packs for a while, and then gatherered into larger sets of 6 plus films on each). My favorite is LOAN SHARK with George Raft (pretty much all the Raft flicks are good). There are also two films with the same title, MR. DISTRICT ATTORNEY, both are very good. Some of it is very B bottom of the barrel (though I personally don't mind that and enjoy it actually), others have a little more production value, though probably still in the B category. Have fun!!

Thanks for telling me about the 2 Mr District Atty titles..I thought it was one & the same..just a double dip :)

Loan Shark was great by the way - I am getting that set