Sign in to follow this  
FriscoPaul

Production company info please

7 posts in this topic

I recently bought a 16mm camera and projector at an estate auction. In the box was a short film titled 'Poor School Teacher' by Exclusive Movie Studios, Chicago, IL.

The internet has not been super helpful so far. Can anyone tell me when this company was in business and maybe what year the film was made? Also, does anyone know who might preserve films like this? Looks to be from the 1920's or 30's.

THANKS!!

Paul

Well, the king of found footage is Craig Baldwin, in SF. He has an alternative/exp. movie theater there. He helps experimental filmmakers find just the right found footage for use in their films. He is also a filmmaker, who made my favorite experimental film, *Tribulation 99, Alien Anomalies Under America*, entirely from found footage.

{quote:title=ValentineXavier wrote:}Well, the king of found footage is Craig Baldwin, in SF. He has an alternative/exp. movie theater there. He helps experimental filmmakers find just the right found footage for use in their films.{quote}

What's the theater? I live in San Francisco and thought I was up on local film venues (just got in from an afternoon at the Roxie), so I'm very curious about this one.

It's called "Other Cinema," and his website is www.othercinema.com. Click on Schedule, for venue and films.

Edited by: ValentineXavier on May 21, 2011 11:19 PM

Ah, the ATA; I used to do editing work there. Thanks for the link! (With apologies to FriscoPaul for the quick tangent from his question regarding Essential Films.)

> {quote:title=FriscoPaul wrote:}{quote}

> I recently bought a 16mm camera and projector at an estate auction. In the box was a short film titled 'Poor School Teacher' by Exclusive Movie Studios, Chicago, IL.

This company distributed 16 mm copies of the Our Gang series in the 1920s and 30s, for the home movie market:

http://theluckycorner.com/vc/vc.html

Boys To Board (no. 10) - This is a home movie print from Exclusive Movie Studios, Inc., and is of very poor picture quality. However, it contains some footage not seen in the A-1 Video version.

On 5/22/2011 at 12:42 AM, JackBurley said:

Ah, the ATA; I used to do editing work there. Thanks for the link! (With apologies to FriscoPaul for the quick tangent from his question regarding Essential Films.)

Me too, worked there I mean. Like your Jack Holt avatar.