Sign in to follow this  
tcmfilmfan

Programming Ideas

7 posts in this topic

The TCM Classic Cruise might not have as much access to actors as the L.A. TCM Film Festival, but I loved the interviews before and after with all the legendary stars. I hope they expand on them.

The Cruise could have:

1. Special hour-long tributes with Robert & Ben interviewing actors & showing film clips from their careers. Maybe even repeat the next day if multiple events are planned at the same time.

2. A number of meet-the-stars special get-togethers and/or autograph signings.

3. Performers like Angela Lansbury, Debbie Reynolds, etc. putting on an actual stage show.

4. Bingo game with someone winning dinner with a classic film star.

I'm not sure how many movie screens are on the ship but they could create new ones in meeting rooms and other places.

Ben Mankiewicz left a recorded message on my phone! He mentioned Robert O. and the other celebrities and said they would be announcing additional special guests. Pretty cool!

That's awesome!

I think it would be a good idea for us to think of some things to do that TCM may not be able to do. For instance, I think everyone should bring at least one outfit to dress from a particular era, say the 20s, 30s or 40s and we can try to co-ordinate some time to do a mystery type party in the lounges.

I wanna be Dietrich! ha.

> {quote:title=catcarson wrote:}{quote}Ben Mankiewicz left a recorded message on my phone! He mentioned Robert O. and the other celebrities and said they would be announcing additional special guests. Pretty cool!

I was home yesterday when my call came in. I was ridiculously excited about it. I'm so stupid.

Is anyone interested in interactive role playing on the cruise?? Bring your costumes!

Is TCM taking any suggestions to make this a true once in a lifetime experience? Since we're all classic film fans, wouldn't it be great to have the different music eras throughout and huge posters of the stars all around the ship????