LuckyDan

Clips of your favorite scenes

375 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, spence said:

Used to know a fella that really lived in SANTA  ROSA & from his pix it looked like a time machine-(you can easily check oiut his sites at (cinemcom.com by Simon Cherpitel) Since thenm for some rational he moved to Tenn instead?

"Shadow…" has long been rumored **** Hitch's favorite film

& by far Cotten's finest hour of acting!   Almost made it to age 90 too!

• Like 1

In celebration of Maureen O'Sullivan, who was born on this day, May the 17th, in 1911.

A radio program recording from The Screen Director's Playhouse in 1949, starring Ms O'Sullivan and Ray Milland, and directed by John Farrow!

There ever sooo many to choose just one though?

Opening of "KANE" Harry Lime first shows himself in "THE THIRD MAN"   Grand finale of "VERTIGO"

*CAGNEY losing it in prison cafeteria in "WHITE HEAT"-(next to "Kong" nobody ever died like him, though *Tracy came mighty close in 1937's magnificent "Roaring 20's")

Very start of   "APOCALYPSE NOW"

Many sequences of "KANE"

Rocky Sullivan going to the electric chair in "ANGELS..."

& very beginning of "SOME CAME RUNNING" where *Francis Albert arrives on a bus

&of course  ending of "THE SEARCHERS"-(he & *Ford's homage to Harry Carey, SDr.) & CAN'T EVER FORGETTHE LEGENARY FINAL OF "It's a Wonderful Life"

In celebration of Frank Capra, who was born on May 18th, 1897, one of my favorite scenes from MR. DEEDS GOES TO TOWN.

James Stewart was born on this day, May the 20th, in 1908. In his honor, one of my favorite scenes from HARVEY.

In celebration of Laurence Olivier, who was born on this day, May 22nd, in 1907,

Hamlet's "To Be Or Not To Be" soliloquy from HAMLET.

Watching a Douglas Fairbanks film is kind of like watching a gymnastics tournament,  except without the judges scoring!

He was born on this day, May 23rd, 1883. In celebration of him, a clip from one of my favorite films of his, THE MARK OF ZORRO.

Fairbanks, Sr., was the un official "King of the Silent Era" & his lady *Mary Pickford was "The Queen" I say unofficial because there was never an official fans poll/survey like the famous one conducted by over 20 million in 1938 when *Gable & Myrna Loy were voted "King" & "Queen"

Ever see his mammoth grave at "Hollywood Forever, cem?"

• Like 1

I love this dance number, "Give Me A Band And My Baby", with Betty Garrett and company. And what a company it is- Janet Leigh, Tommy Rall and Bob Fosse! Too bad they couldn't find a way to incorporate another of the film's stars, Jack Lemmon, into it.

Betty was born on this day, May 23rd, in 1919. What an underrated performer she was.

• Like 1

In celebration of Vincent Price, who was born on this day, May 27th, in 1911, a wonderful narration role he did for Tim Burton's short film, VINCENT.

In celebration of Bob Hope, who was born on this day, May 29th, in 1903, one of my favorite film scenes with him and James Cagney, from THE SEVEN LITTLE FOYS.

Also born on this day, May 29th, in 1953, is Danny Elfman. I love his music. I also love his voice, which he provided for his songs in THE NIGHTMARE BEFORE CHRISTMAS.

Two very prominent gentlemen who worked behind the cameras were born on this day, May 30th.

Irving Thalberg was born in 1899. Of all the films he produced in his short lifetime, I think my favorite is LAUGH, CLOWN, LAUGH. This scene shows the tender side of Lon Chaney's acting.

Howard Hawks was born on this day in 1896.

My favorite film he directed is HIS GIRL FRIDAY. Great rapid-fire dialogue!

Paulette Goddard was born on this day, June 3rd, in 1910. She always struck me as someone who might have been fun to be around. I would have liked to meet her.

I love the fun dance number she did with Fred Astaire in SECOND CHORUS, called "Dig It."

In celebration of Judy Garland, who was born on this day, June 10th, in 1922, my very favorite performance of hers:

"Ballin' The Jack" with Gene Kelly from FOR ME AND MY GAL.

In celebration of Errol Flynn, who was born on this day, June 20th, in 1909, my favorite dueling scene between him and Basil Rathbone. I prefer the duels which are mostly about the fighting and don't contain a lot of sarcastic dialogue. For my money, their best duel was the beach scene in CAPTAIN BLOOD.

Ebert almost always used to cite the very first appearance of *Orson's Harry Lime in THE THIRD MAN

In celebration of the always beautiful Dame Olivia de Havilland's 102nd birthday today, July 1st, 2018, a short clip from one of her Academy Award winning performances in THE HEIRESS. The film's director, William Wyler, was also born on this day, in 1902.

* Darn NBC Universal has blocked nearly all of the YouTube clips of this film. Grrr!

Super fun dance scene clip from DADDY LONG LEGS, with Fred Astaire and Leslie Caron, who was born on this day, July 1st, in 1931. The "Sluefoot."

In celebration of beautiful Janet Leigh, who was born on this day, July 6th, in 1927:

The fun Shriner's Club scene from BYE BYE, BIRDIE.

Barbara Stanwyck and Ginger Rogers were two beautiful and talented actresses born on this day, July 16th; Stanwyck in 1907 and Rogers in 1911.

The conga line scene in BALL OF FIRE is one of my favorite Barbara (and her wonderful company of character actors) scenes:

My favorite Ginger Rogers scenes are usually ones which include Fred Astaire, but I also love this cute clip from  ROXIE HART:

• Like 1