LuckyDan

Clips of your favorite scenes

401 posts in this topic

In celebration of James Cagney, who was born on this day, July 17th, in 1899, my favorite 45 seconds of him on film, dancing down the White House staircase in YANKEE DOODLE DANDY.

Beautiful Natalie Wood was born on this day, July 20th, in 1938. I love her transformation to independent, confident lady in GYPSY. Stripper or not, those costumes were wonderful!

This one's for you, spence!

• Like 1

I think Walter Brennan stole more scenes than possibly any other character actor of the golden age of films.

He was born on this day, July 25th, in 1894. One of my favorite Brennan performances was in BANJO ON MY KNEE.

I wish more of Lars Hanson's films were still around. I really like his silent films, and the clips I've seen of his sound films after he returned to Sweden. From what I've read, he also had a prolific stage career.

He was born on this day, July 26th, in 1886. I love this clip of he and Lillian Gish in THE SCARLET LETTER.

LIFE WITH FATHER has always been my favorite William Powell film. I especially love his line "That's not fair, Vinnie. When I talk about my relatives, I criticize them!"

Mr Powell was born on this day, July 29th, in 1892.

In celebration of Peter O'Toole, who was born on this day, August 2nd, in 1932, a completely random scene from THE RULING CLASS.

It's true he couldn't sing a note, but his dancing is fun!

• Like 1

How could John Huston have gone wrong with this combination of actors in one scene: Bogart, Astor, Lorre, Greenstreet and Cook?

Huston was born on this day, August 5th, in 1906. My favorite film he directed was also his first; THE MALTESE FALCON.

• Like 1

My favorite underwater ballet of Esther Williams' is from TEXAS CARNIVAL. It is so ethereal; she looks like an apparition.

Ms. Williams was born on this day, August 8th, in 1921.

Lloyd Nolan was born on this day, August 11th, in 1902.

I love this scene from IT HAPPENED IN FLATBUSH. Anyone who ever tried to explain the rules of sports to a non sports fan can empathize with Nolan's character.

The multi-talented Michael Kidd was born on this day, August 12th, in 1915.

One of the more lighthearted moments from IT'S ALWAYS FAIR WEATHER, with Kidd, Gene Kelly and Dan Daily ( and some musical trashcan lids.)

The super multi-talented Gene Kelly was born on this day, August 23rd, in 1912.

I love this simple and sweet dance number from LIVING IN A BIG WAY. I'm sure it couldn't have been very easy for taskmaster Kelly to teach choreography to Fido! :D

The very unique Tim Burton was born on this day, August 25th, in 1958. One of my very favorite scenes from one of his films is the piano duet from CORPSE BRIDE.

Michael Jeter was born on this day, August 26th, in 1952. He had many memorable film and TV performances, but to me, he will always be Otto Kringelein in the Broadway production of GRAND HOTEL.

I love this number with Brent Barrett and company.

• Like 1

The multi-talented Donald O'Conner was born on this day, August 28th, in 1925.

I love this not too often shown number with lovely Vera-Ellen from CALL ME MADAM.

The  very versatile Fredric March was born on this day, August 31st, in 1897. I think my favorite film he appeared in were LES MISERABLES and THE ADVENTURES OF MARK TWAIN.

I love his interpretation of Twain.

In honor of the wonderful and talented Buster Keaton, who was born on this day, October 4th, in 1895, a clip of arguably his most dangerous stunt. Here is the famous "window scene" from STEAMBOAT BILL, JR.

• Like 1

The very lovely and talented Carole Lombard was born on this day, October 6th, in 1908.

I love the "Bolero" dance scene with her and George Raft from the film BOLERO.

One of my very favorite actresses, Lillian Gish, was born on this day, October 14th, in 1893.

I love this scene from THE WHITE SISTER of Lillian dancing. She seldom had light hearted moments in her films, and this one is a good display.

Ricardo Montalban was born on this day, November 25th, in 1920.

I think my very favorite scene he appears in is with Cyd Charisse and Ann Miller in "The Dance Of Fury" from THE KISSING BANDIT. Poor guy doesn't stand a chance! 😄