Sign in to follow this  
LuckyDan

Clips of your favorite scenes

285 posts in this topic

Thank you! I loved that scene from Giant. I don't mean that I like Bick getting the snot kicked out of him...But they should have made the clip longer.

I think one thing I always take away watching Giant. Texans can be and are unique in the American landscape. As different as Rick Perry and Lady Bird Johnson.

You're welcome! And thank you for the SHANE post. Another great classic from George Stevens. Also thank you for the Monkees song on the other thread.

BTW, how's your toe, Casablanca?

Why Beethoven's 7th hasn't been made more use of I don't know. If I had a movie camera I think I would start with it.

I could have posted this in one of the music threads as easily.

This isn't what I would have had in mind, but it would do tillI got a camera, and a very dynamic leading man.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JdC8aoHOO0

PS - I take it back. After viewing the post, this is a rather dynamic leading man.

Edited by: LuckyDan on Nov 24, 2011 3:24 AM

Sal Mineo.

A shamefully underutilized actor. This is the movie (if not the scene) where I recall first taking serious note of him. I'd seen him before, but it is this film that made me learn his name. I recall thinking, wow. Cool. Live in a basement beside a busy city street. Make plans. Buddies will walk by to help me out now and then. Yeah, you might catch cold, but . . .

From Somebody Up There Likes Me

Edited by: LuckyDan on Nov 30, 2011 1:06 AM

All my scenes seem to be from the 60s and 70s. Hmmm . . .

I always enjoy this movie, and this key scene. Saw it a few months ago on a digital sub-channel and have been meaning to post it. Reminds me of a similar, if less dramatic, event with a nemesis prof in my own college days. I didn't have it in me to exit the way Hart did.

The Paper Chase, with John Houseman and Timothy Bottoms.

Edited by: LuckyDan on Dec 11, 2011 2:05 AM

My good friend former child actress Susan Gordon just passed away on Sunday, Dec. 11.

She left us way too young at only age 62.

She is and will be very much missed.

Some favorite scenes:

(She told me that the card playing scene was her "audition" for this movie. She did so well at it that she got the part).

And another nice clip:

I'm sorry to hear of your friend's passing, MN. Thank you for remembering her here, with that scene. I hope she had happy memories of working with Danny Kaye. Seems like any child would.

> {quote:title=LuckyDan wrote:

> }{quote}I'm sorry to hear of your friend's passing, MN. Thank you for remembering her here, with that scene. I hope she had happy memories of working with Danny Kaye. Seems like any child would.

Yes, she enjoyed working in THE FIVE PENNIES and I think it shows in her performance, especially in the musical sequences and scenes with Danny Kaye.

She actually enjoyed her acting career and retired voluntarily at age 17 and had a happy and productive life.

That's a good looking film, CBL.

Here's a sequence from Monkey Business I enjoy. It starts too late here - I would have preferred it begin at that car lot where Cary recognizes Marilyn just by the sight of her legs.

2485904445_6063651863.jpg

"In my opinion, that's a silly song."

I love watching MMs facial expressions here. Happiness, surprise, shock, disappointment. It's all there without a word.

Tried my best to find the scene of Audrey Hepburn and Albert Finney from Two for the Road where they handle a sluggish MG up the hill..

Great scene, LuckyDan, I will see if I can post something after work tonight.

> {quote:title=casablancalover wrote:}{quote}Tried my best to find the scene of Audrey Hepburn and Albert Finney from Two for the Road where they handle a sluggish MG up the hill..

>

>

>

> Great scene, LuckyDan, I will see if I can post something after work tonight.

Audrey and Albert had some great dialogue in that one. Excellent idea.

One of my sisters (an Audrey wannabe in her youth) tells me Albert reminds her of me in that one. I think she is remembering a time when we were driving one day, bickering about whatever (I think I didn't want to change the radio station). It had been raining earlier and I had my window down. A car passed us and splashed water on my face. She busted out laughing.

I turned the radio up.

Just discovered the group "The Yacht Club Boys" from recently aired *Pigskin Parade*

singing "We'd Rather Be in College"

"Whoo-Whoo"

satire on Lubitsch:

ode to a radical, "Down With Everything":

chasing down Al Jolson:

"My How This Country's Changed":

REAL FUNNY STUFF !!

:^0

Thanks, Mr6.

This one dovetails nicely with your selection, featuring the generation of schoolboys that followed.

Here is Glenn Ford, (as a teacher fortuitously named "Dadier") kicking butt and taking names, in The Blackboard Jungle.

It's fun to see the youthful Vic Morrow and Sidney Poitier playing smoking smirking punks, and Jameel Farah, later known as Jamie Farr, playing . . . what? a kid who seems a little . . . off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tnsFyp5Cg4&feature=related

It ends too soon, and anticlimactically. Frustrating if you're into it, but not many clips available on YT of this one.

I wonder if a teacher today, faced with a group like this, could deal with them this way without having to worry about a lawsuit.

blackboardjungle.jpg

I hadn't thought of this movie in a while, but the mention of the title brings this clip back to me entirely. I love the expression on the tech's face at the 4:30 mark; it is the one shot that sells it for me.

I love the use of music in this.

[Close Encounters of the Third Kind|http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYCBgSRNjk0&feature=related]