LuckyDan

Clips of your favorite scenes

392 posts in this topic

This is the famous lipstick scene from "The Postman Always Rings Twice" 1946, starring John Garfield & Lana Turner. It amazing, you can actually see his breath being taken away as he gets his full look at lovely Lana. Then when he makes her come to him to get the lipstick, it is very masculine & sexy. Her look back at him is priceless. It is as if she is saying, "So that the kind of game you want to play." All this is done with minimal dialgoue. Great sexy scene." {font:Arial}{color:black};){font}

Edited by: Lori3 on Feb 16, 2012 2:27 AM

One of the most sexy scenes ever. The minimal dialogue really makes the scenes. What is left unspoken is best left unspoken. Garfield is hooked even if he doesn't know it yet.

Edited by: jamesjazzguitar on Feb 16, 2012 9:05 PM

Yes I agree with you, one of the most sexy scenes ever captured on film. And to think this was all done with their clothes on. In my opinion actors could act back then. Through out the film the chemistry between Garfield and Turner is "red hot." A thousand times better than the newer version with Nicholson and Lange. This of course is just my opinion.

From the film "Four Daughters" 1938

"http://www.youtube.com/embed/-3wxT1fFUFY"

This is John Garfield's film debut, and here you can witness a "star being born."

Once John Garfield's character "Mickey Borden" enters into the film, you can't take your eyes off him. He steals the movie, and shocks to audience with his beautiful portrayal of the lost and bitter young musician.

The eternal outsider always looking in.

The first film rebel was born! He paved the way for all the other "film" rebels.

Edited by: Lori3 on May 8, 2012 1:29 AM

Edited by: Lori3 on May 8, 2012 1:40 AM

Waxworks (1924) - Ivan the Terrible doing what he does best and as someone wonderfully described, "the wedding crasher from hell".

The Man Who Laughs (1928) - Gwyplaine, tired of being chastised, yells out in front of the queen's court "A king made me a clown, a queen made me a lord, but first God made me a man!".

• Like 1

One of my very favorite scenes- Eli Wallach in the cemetery from The Good, The Bad And The Ugly

Very clear. Very cold.

It is a light-hearted and very fun movie which sends chills up my spine.

Great clips, everyone. I enjoy these!!

Who would have thought a Frank Sinatra and Kathryn Grayson film could be a snoozer. The Kissing Bandit was just that. It did have some nice songs performed by the two stars, though.

This number performed by Ann Miller, Cyd Charisse and Ricardo Montalban is all kinds of awesome!