dewz

Best worst horror movie of all time

41 posts in this topic

How about "Humanoids from the Deep"?  Maybe not in a class with "Plan 9 from Outer Space" or "Attack of the Killer Shrews", but pretty lame.

Plan 9 From Outer Space. So bad it's fun to watch.

I was going to say the exact same movie. Bad editing, bad acting, bad plotline, bad special F/X, but it was hilarious, and i'm keeping it as part of my DVD collection. It's a shame though that this was the great Bela Legosi's last and final film before he died.

I am going to have to give this a three way tie. It's between the Plan 9 From Outer Space (bad editing, bad acting, bad special FX, bad plotline--still hilarious to watch every Halloween!)-- The Brain Eaters and Blood of Dracula. The former I always get sucked into watching because of the title, not remembering it was an awful movie with no real plot or special FX, plus an out-of-place scene where a group of boys (The movie takes place in a Girl's School) sneak through a girl's dorm room window only to break out in song, I think it was called "Puppy Love." I still get a kick out of this movie though! The worst is when the lead female character "transitions" into a vampire--worse special FX, and this was from around 1957. At first I thought "Well, 1950s... they really didn't master special FX yet--but i'm reminded of 1941's Dr Jekyll and Mr. Hyde with Spencer Tracy, and they have awesome FX for 1941! So I think the movies I mentioned were on a very very tight budget. The Colossal Beast from the mid 50s early 60s... don't even get me started...!

So many to choose from, it's difficult to narrow it down. I'll mention a few:

Manos: The Hands of Fate (1966)

Night Train to Terror (1985)

Beast of Yucca Flats (1961)

Godmonster of Indian Flats (1973)

• Like 1

That's great! I hadn't realized Tor Johnson was soviet scientist Joseph Javorsky who defected from Russia. Now I know why he's so good with numbers.

• Like 1

Grave of the Vampire

This crazy film has some really good/bad lines, including

"This cake is so delicious. I'm surprised dead people haven't found a way to eat it."

• Like 2

Grave of the Vampire

This crazy film has some really good/bad lines, including

"This cake is so delicious. I'm surprised dead people haven't found a way to eat it."

I kinda liked this film because of Michael Pataki's performance.  It definitely needed more William Smith.

I would have to say From Hell it Came. The Tabunga is the worst!

I just came across this old post. Shocking. You know what happened to the poster -- entgirl (only one post) -- who seems to have joined the Board just to dis the Tabanga:

bd2ca27cc14f8592b4e1196c11e6224f.jpg

• Like 2

Tabunga??!!

Don't diss the Tabanga / Tubanga / Tabonga!!  He may have had a sprout that gonna get you!

I love how you put "best" worst, because the best of the worst are still really enjoyable. I always dread finding one that sounds like it would be enjoyably bad and then realizing it's just all around bad with not enjoyment factor :)

For me, The best Worst horror movie is the "IT Movie". Does anybody else feels the same?

Assuming you mean the current movie, please explain.  It's gotten decent reviews.

Edited by TCMModerator1
Quoted hyperlink removed due to copyright concerns

Assuming you mean the current movie, please explain.  It's gotten decent reviews.

I have a feeling that poster was a spambot. If you notice, there's a hotlink in his post that takes you...somewhere else. I didn't click, nor would I recommend anyone, as it could be malware, or a torrent site.

• Like 1

I have a feeling that poster was a spambot. If you notice, there's a hotlink in his post that takes you...somewhere else. I didn't click, nor would I recommend anyone, as it could be malware, or a torrent site.

Thanks for the heads-up.