Sign in to follow this  
sfpcc1

Aristocats On Disney Channel

23 posts in this topic

For those looking for old, (relatively) Disney films The Aristocats will The Disney Channel at 4 AM Eastern Time Friday Morning. I've never seen it. It's rare that that channel is going that deep into the Disney catalog.

Many people will be glad to know that, thanks for passing that info on but for myself it is one of my least favorite Disney animated films along with "Robin Hood", "Princess and the Frog" and "Mulan". This don't include some of the "half animated" movies I don't like.

Speaking of animation - trying to forget they made "Alantis" - gaaah another Alantis goat tripe for myth creation. Hope they bury it at sea.

Everybody wants to be a cat because a cat's the only cat who knows where it's at

I saw the movie a long long time ago and barely remember it but I love that song :D

And Hamradio you don't like Mulan? :(

Sorry to say no. The Disney animated movies I liked very much within that time are "The Emperor's New Groove" and "Lilo and Stitch" (first Lilo movie ONLY). I did like getting a surprised with "Chicken Little", thought it would be dull but turned out loving it. :)

Regarding "Aristocats", I saw it around 1979-1980 when Disney rereleased it to theatres. It didn't strike a chord with me, guess its my fault a little, watching too much Tom - Jerry and Sylvester - Tweety. :P

The non-Disney movie "Cats and Dogs" is sort of what I like in any cat movie.

I like the Aristocats, though it is not my Disney favorite. I do like the music and even have some framed lithographs from the movie that I found some years back. Not my favorite era for Disney movies, but it still is fun, especially Everybody Wants to be a Cat! I remember having that song on a 45 record when I was a kid.

I loved the Emperor's New Groove....I think that movie is so underrated, totally hilarious! And the first Lilo and Stitch will always hold a special place with me.

I really love all of the early Disney movies and I like a lot of the music from Disney movies over the years. WE've been listening to a lot of the Sherman Bros Songbook in our house lately and my 4 year old has become an Annette fan.

Sorry folks, According to the Comcast guide The Disney Channel is not going to The Aristocats at that time. It has not been rescheduled. I've got to learn to take that guide with grain of salt.

> {quote:title=sfpcc1 wrote:}{quote}Sorry folks, According to the Comcast guide The Disney Channel is not going to The Aristocats at that time. It has not been rescheduled. I've got to learn to take that guide with grain of salt.

As of yesterday, the Zap2It guide listed The Aristocats, just as you reported. What got recorded were three episodes of a modern animated series called Phineas and Ferb. At the highest playback speed, it was nearly painless. The Aristocats seemed to be worth a look, if only for the songs and the cast.

I think it would be a riot if The Disney Channel accidentally aired THE ARISTOCRATS!

I've seen Phinneas And Ferb. Phinneas is kind of disturbing to look at. His head is basically a triangle.

> {quote:title=sfpcc1 wrote:}{quote}For those looking for old, (relatively) Disney films

The Aristocats has not reappeared, but Zap2It is telling me that BAMBI (1942) will be shown on both Disney and ABC Family during the weekend of 2/24-2/26. Check local listings and maybe hang some garlic cloves near your TV, or whatever works as anti- Phineas and Ferb herbs. Naturally, you will want to purchase a second recording device so that you won’t miss a moment of 31 Days of Oscar.

Anyone with Moviepass, ondemand feature from TimeWarner, Aristocats is available in the Disney Family Movies section of Moviepass OnDemand...

That was on other on Disney HD Channel they been showing lot old school Disney movies in early morning my fav song Everybody want be cat sung by Phil Harris aka Mr Alice Faye and Scatman Crotcher

NOOOOO Deadliest catch fans NOT THE Captain

They repeated The Aristocats a couple of months ago. I managed to catch it. They also showed the The Rescuers.

Another film I just saw, (like this morning) from Disney's Star Wars Came Out What The Heck Do We Do Period, (1977) was Pete's Dragon. It was on BYU TV, a Mormon based cable station high on the cable list, (390.) It was kind of cute but a little cloying and creepy and overlong.

I wonder how many other people read the title of this thread, and for obvious reasons did a complete double take!

I never even think of checking the listings for Disney anymore. Do they run commercial breaks now?

Their are technically Comercials. However they are for other Disney products, such as DVD's, other shows, and various other Disney products. Also they have their versions of PSA's, (Brenda Song telling people how the world eats healthy.)

{Brenda Song had a small part in the Social Network and is very beautiful. If you have a 13 year old girl you might know how she is.}

Sometimes a member of my family will host a "card party" where we all chip in $5 and play Texas Hold 'Em. I mention this only because these games are often long. My wife and I sometimes don't stumble through our front door until 2:00am or later.

I can't go right to bed. I'll sometimes have a "last cigarette"( no lectures, please)and do a bit of channel surfing. And I'll run across something on the Disney channel. THEN I start to wondering, since the Disney channel is targeted towards an audience of children, WHO'S children are still UP at that time? Maybe in China, where some of the kiddies are just knocking off the afternoon shift? But here in America? Just HOW MANY kids are UP at 2:00am watching "iCarly"?

Sepiatone

The Disney Channel does have more than just kiddie shows. I remember babystitting my niece and we had the Disney Channel on and the movie "The Object of My Affection" was on.

I don't think you would want to meet the person who is watching a Disney sitcom after midnight. Although the majority of those girls are over 18 so it's not as ick as you think.

By the way I Carly is on Nickelodeon which show old sitcoms at that time.

The Disney Channel airs commercial-free movies every Friday morning/afternoon (depending on your time zone) as part of its Disney Junior lineup. They've shown Snow White, Dumbo, Robin Hood, Sword in the Stone, The Rescuers, The Rescuers Down Under, The Great Mouse Detective, etc.

And if you get MoviePass On Demand, they showed all three Lion King movies, Mulan I and II, plus many others, and are currently showing the Aristocats, as was mentioned, as well as The Shaggy Dog and The Shaggy D.A., all commercial-free. One treat over the Christmas season was the airing of The Christmas Tree with Julie Harris. I hadn't seen it since it first aired.

Another plus from Disney On Demand are the old shorts from Pluto to Donald, from Mickey to Silly Symphony. Currently, Donald Gets Drafted is on, and they've shown dozens and dozens of great, old shorts, like The Whalers, Skeleton Dance, The Golden Touch, The Moth and the Flame, The Barn Dance, Thru the Mirror, The Old Mill, The Wise Little Hen, etc.

All I know is that the Disney channel was broadcasting at 3:00am, and the show WASN'T any adult level sitcom. Although...

Back in the early days of cable TV(around THESE parts, anyway), I would be up at midnight on a workday watching "Burns and Allen" on Nickelodeon. About 1982. My youngest daughter, then seven, would wander out and watch it with me. When it was over, she'd saunter off back to bed. She LOVED Gracie. Still does!

Sepiatone

> {quote:title=Sepiatone wrote:}{quote}

> I start to wondering, since the Disney channel is targeted towards an audience of children, WHO'S children are still UP at that time?

The alternatives would be to rent shows from other companies or air infomercials. It costs them nearly nothing to air their own shows and I doubt that they wish having their brand associated with get-rich-quick schemes or ED treatments.

Parents can appreciate their shows being repeated in this way .Sick children are often awake at night and it is comforting for them to be able to watch shows which are familiar when they are suffering.