Sign in to follow this  
Guest TCMhost-Claire

Must See Movies

229 posts in this topic

well I think the best movie of all time is casablanca, followed by from here to eternity, and wuthering heights. These movies are so compelling that you could not turn of the tv for one second for fear that you would miss somthing amazing. I think these movies are the absolutly Must See Movies.

well I think the best movie of all time is casablanca, followed by from here to eternity, and wuthering heights. These movies are so compelling that you could not turn of the tv for one second for fear that you would miss somthing amazing. I think these movies are the absolutly Must See Movies.

My top ten must see classic movies are: Casablanca, Citizen Kane, Laura, The Maltese Falcon, Vertigo, Gone with the Wind, The Man Who Knew Too Much, Dial M for Murder, It's a Wonderful Life, and The Thin Man in no particular order (except for Casablanca which is my all time favorite

1) The films I would recommend to someone from this era?

Hard to answer, because most of these weirdos are not mentally competent to experience a film. Their gaze is welded --all day long --to tiny 4" displays in their palm (feeding them a moron's diet of emails & text) and then...they take their smart-gadgets with them to a movie.

So, they're "write-offs". They literally have the attention-span of goldfish --its even coming up that way in psych tests. I really wouldn't waste my time with a recommendation (although I scored big recently with 'Billy Jack', a must-see for any martial artist)

2) What films would I recommend to someone competent, adult, and receptive? Someone with emotional I.Q. and sensitivity? Someone with a nervous system and a bony skeleton?

I'd probably be less-than-enthusiastic, because if they're someone who's taste I already respect, then they should already be aware of whatever title I might mention.

But...eh well...here I go again ranting. I gotta stop. Alright, I will name a few films I rate very highly and let it go at that.

'The Burmese Harp' ( 1956, Ken Ichikawa)

'The Battle of Algiers' ( 1965, Guillermo Pontecorvo)

'The Duellists' ( 1977, Ridley Scott)