Sign in to follow this  
joefilmone

"The Fury" (1978)

4 posts in this topic

Brian DePalma's over the top psychic thriller is still gory fun. Kirk Douglas hams it up but there are some spectacular sequences featuring Amy Irving as the Carrie like heroine, a great score by John Williams and truly explosively outrageous final death scene.

• Like 1

It's an oddball flick. I don't know what was wrong with the cut-for-TV version I saw but I was often left scratching my head because what I was seeing just didn't make much sense. It truly felt as if important story points had been cut out. Great cast (Kirk Douglas, John Cassavettes, Charles Durning) but definitely unsatisfying.

Source material comes from horror author John Farris who has written what I feel is the #1 graphic horror novel of all-time; but its unfortunately not this title nor its adaptation.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Sgt_Markoff said:

It's an oddball flick. I don't know what was wrong with the cut-for-TV version I saw but I was often left scratching my head because what I was seeing just didn't make much sense. It truly felt as if important story points had been cut out. Great cast (Kirk Douglas, John Cassavettes, Charles Durning) but definitely unsatisfying.

Source material comes from horror author John Farris who has written what I feel is the #1 graphic horror novel of all-time; but its unfortunately not this title nor its adaptation.

I read the novel but think the movie is better- I can't imagine a cut for tv version with out DePalma's bloody set pieces