cujas

Musicals on Tap

1,463 posts in this topic

Ann Miller danced to  "It's Too Darn Hot" in 120 degree heat in Morocco in a USO show with Bob Hope.  Ann is credited with coming up with the idea for pantyhose.

I don't have a clip of that USO performance, but I did find one of Ann in the movie "Kiss Me Kate".  Check it out.  I believe this is how the Princess Of Tap usually enters a room.

Good work Miles.  Ann Miller is the one. She entertained the troops dancing the Too Hot Number from Kiss Me Kate in 120 weather overseas with the Bob Hope Show and yes she is credited with the idea of pantyhose. Thanks for the video, it's such a great musical number, one of the very best on screen. Your thread Miles :)

Most everyone on these boards knows that "It Happened One Night" was remade as a musical called "You Can't Run Away From It".  What some may not know is that Ann Miller starred in another sort of musical remake of "It Happened One Night".  I say "sort of" because the story was changed slightly and the characters had different names, but it had a very similar plot.  What was the name of this movie?    

The movie was Eve Knew Her Apples.  I saw it once and remember thinking how odd it was that Ann Miller sang several songs, but didn't dance at all.

You are correct, Starlit.  There were no other big name stars in that movie.  Ann played a nightclub singer who wanted to get away for a while.  One memorable song she sang was "I'll Remember April".

Nice work, Star.  You're up next.

The director of this musical clashed with the male star when he accused him of trying to steal scenes from the female star, who was not aware of his tricks.

Name the musical, the stars and director.

14 hours ago, starliteyes said:

The director of this musical clashed with the male star when he accused him of trying to steal scenes from the female star, who was not aware of his tricks.

Name the musical, the stars and director.

David Butler directed Ray Bolger ( the scene stealer) LOL and Doris Day in April In Paris ????

For awhile, immediately following this film winning a bunch of Oscars, the studio had phone calls answered using the film's title placed in the studios name (the studio's name was kept, the film's title was injected into it) Film and the Studio ??

15 hours ago, lavenderblue19 said:

Very close Princess, the telephone operators answered HELLO,  M-GIGI-M . Good work, your thread

Princess, before this winds up on page 2 and forgotten it's your thread :)