Sign in to follow this  
svein

Thursday start time

6 posts in this topic

> I'm looking at booking my flight from Winnipeg. What time do events begin on Thursday?

That haven't made any official announcements about the events on the opening day of 2012's Festival.

But, this year, they had the *Meet TCM* panel discussion in the early afternoon.

The official *Meet and Greet* in Club TCM began about 4:30 with the Red Carpet for the Opening Night film beginning about 5:15-5:30ish.

I don't know if they will repeat the same start times in 2012 but it might not be a bad idea to plan accordingly.

You'll also have to see if someone (last time it was SueSueApplegate) is going to coordinate a unofficial fan meetup at a local place before the official festivities start.

I would suggest arriving no later than late morning (10am). Are you flying into Burbank or LAX?

If I recall correctly Burbank is closer to festival central (Hollywood & Highland) than LAX is (now that I take AMTRAK cross country to TCMFF as part of the experience I don't remember which airport I flew into, but I think it was Burbank).

Just to clarify, this year, the In-n-Out gathering occurred after the *Meet the TCM Staff* panel. The panel was held in Club TCM in the early afternoon (12:30-1:00 start time, I can't remember exactly).

We planned the In-n-Out gathering for after the panel to give people who were still traveling to the City of Angels some extra time to get from the airports to the hotel.

Everyone was back at the hotel in time to get ready for the official *Meet and Greet* party at 4:30 as well as the red carpet walk for Spotlight pass holders.

The plans for an unofficial gathering in 2012 will likely hinge on what TCM plans for Thursday afternoon.

lz, wasn't the first event around noon time, in Club TCM? It was the presentation of the original slabs from Grauman's (Mary Pickford, Douglas Fairbanks, Sr and Sid Grauman).

> lz, wasn't the first event around noon time, in Club TCM? It was the presentation of the original slabs from Grauman's (Mary Pickford, Douglas Fairbanks, Sr and Sid Grauman)

Countess,

Yes, you are right, I had forgotten about that but in reading it seems really bad considering how much I love Doug, Sr!