Sign in to follow this  
TopBilled

WANTED: Classic Films Featuring This Classic Artist

908 posts in this topic

On 4/20/2012 at 12:09 AM, TopBilled said:

THANKS FOR EVERYTHING (1938) with Adolphe Menjou & Jack Haley

The cinematographer for Thanks for Everything was Lucien N. Andriot (1892-1979) but usually, the person credited as the cinematographer on a film isn’t the actual camera operator. Was Harry Davis (1896-1966) the camera operator on Thanks for Everything? I’m guessing it wasn’t Lucien N. Andriot.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Ebaillargeon82 said:

The cinematographer for Thanks for Everything was Lucien N. Andriot (1892-1979) but usually, the person credited as the cinematographer on a film isn’t the actual camera operator. Was Harry Davis (1896-1966) the camera operator on Thanks for Everything? I’m guessing it wasn’t Lucien N. Andriot.

I'd forgotten all about this thread...and about this movie. Thanks for bringing it to our attention. 

2 hours ago, TopBilled said:

I'd forgotten all about this thread...and about this movie. Thanks for bringing it to our attention. 

You’re welcome. So I guess you don’t have any information about who the movie’s camera operator was?

Just now, Ebaillargeon82 said:

You’re welcome. So I guess you don’t have any information about who the movie’s camera operator was?

No. Is there a way to check such credits on the IMDb or on the TCM database? 

5 hours ago, TopBilled said:

No. Is there a way to check such credits on the IMDb or on the TCM database? 

Unfortunately, it’s a little difficult. A camera operator is usually uncredited for his work (which the Director of photography usually takes credit for).

4 minutes ago, Ebaillargeon82 said:

Unfortunately, it’s a little difficult. A camera operator is usually uncredited for his work (which the Director of photography usually takes credit for).

Interesting. Wasn't aware of that happening. I take it this subject is near and dear to your heart. :)

On 6/7/2018 at 6:43 PM, TopBilled said:

Interesting. Wasn't aware of that happening. I take it this subject is near and dear to your heart. :)

Indeed. ? Without camera operators, we wouldn’t have movies to enjoy and talk about.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ebaillargeon82 said:

Indeed. ? Without camera operators, we wouldn’t have movies to enjoy and talk about.

Thanks for bringing camera operators to our attention. And I agree with you!