Sign in to follow this  
Austin2

Movie guide missing for Four months

8 posts in this topic

Ever since I joined this web site I have been getting a listing for all the movies shown on TCM each month. Ok, sometimes it was late by a few days. But now the movies listing has completely stopped. My ISP insists it is not holding any mail from the web address tcm.com. I have not been getting any listing since August. That's right, Setember, October, November, and December never came. And the thing that really bugs me is a film I wanted to see, and wanted to tape was on Dec.1.

I wanted to leave a message about this in October, but the admin for this site was saying something about a problem with an update, an update that seems to caused far more problems than it solved. And I thought that might be the culprit.

Also since this update I have been unable to find out what films might be playing in one months time. Has this service been suspended or terminated ?

I joined this site because of my love for film. Not knowing what's going to airing makes coming to this site somewhat questionable.

If the movie lists can't get past my ISP and their over zealous mail servers I'm willing to join again if that will solve the problem.

Tom Austin

You can get the schedule for the month by following this link: [TCM Schedule|http://www.tcm.com/schedule/monthly.html]

Thanks for the link, but I already came to the site, and made a copy. I was really hoping you'd answer the question as to why four months of emails weren't sent.

In the original post I asked the following,

I have been unable to find out what films might be playing in one months time. Has this service been suspended or terminated ?

For some reason this question was ignored. The admin never even touched on it. Didn't say "I'll look into this" or anything of the sort. Would anyone care to field this one ?

> For some reason this question was ignored. The admin never even touched on it. Didn't say "I'll look into this" or anything of the sort. Would anyone care to field this one ?

Ignored? You said you were unable to find what films were playing in a month's time. You posted on Friday night and I provided a link to the information itself Saturday morning. As to your missing email schedule, you'll find that not everyone works or reads their work email during the weekend.

Michael/TCMWebAdmin

I also stopped receiving the schedule emails about four months ago. I have looked all over this site for a phone number or email to contact someone at TCM to help me, but this is the best I found.

I already subscribe to the Now Playing guide, but I spend a lot of time at my computer and like to refer to the email throughout the day, and not visit the site every time I want to see what is on and when. The email schedule is very useful and I miss it. I tried making my own, but it didn't work.

What is the problem? Has TCM stopped sending the schedules by email? Do I need to register a different email? Something else? Does anyone know? Who would I contact, and how, to find out?

Thank you, movieman1957. Glad to hear that the email schedule is still available and working for some.

It seems the site is working properly again, along with email contact, so hopefully I will be able to change my email address and see if that helps. I am unable to do so in my online account, or I would have done this already. I'll report back when it is all resolved.