Sign in to follow this  
Mugs_Mahoney

... and I pay for this misery ??

7 posts in this topic

Was looking forward to a ice lazy Sunday and watching a few movies here on TCM - one Cary Grant movie I don't ever remember seeing before ('Crisis'). Starting with an old favorite, 'The Caine Mutiny', begins the cable signal 'freeze'. I've seen TCM enough times that it was only irksome as the length of the 'freeze' was tolerable and I figured it would all be straightened out by the time 'Crisis' came on. Nope. And its completely ruined the movie for me. My fault for letting it get to me so much - a little immature to say its ruined my Sunday but thats how I'm feeling right this minute. The worst part is not knowing how long the picture is going to be froze there on my screen. 30 seconds, 10 minutes, half and hour ? Well they're long enough today to ruin the movie thats for sure.
Who/what is responsible for this ? I have a hunch this is a weekend problem too. I don't recall this happening during the week, If they keep it up, I'm going to drop cable. How dumb am I to pay good money to be aggravated like this ? Some one somewhere needs to be held accountable !!
I think the Time- Warner should have to reimburse customers the entire months bill for these failures. I pay over $70. a month and being reimbursed for the time I've wasted. the aggravation etc - that ain't much ! I feel bad for the people who only have Sundays off and wanted to relax and enjoy their one day off with a good 'ol classic movie only to have this BS happen. No, $70. is getting off easy ...
Time for a change.

I've got ComCast- I'm watching *Crisis* right now and no problem. Who is your carrier ? Call them and tell them. I use to have Charter and when the picture froze they took care of the signal.

> Who/what is responsible for this ?

Likely your cable company. If it was a problem with TCM we would all be experiencing the problem and these boards would be lit up like a Christmas tree with people complaining.

Your cable company may try to say the fault lies with TCM (it seems to be their favorite fallback position) but again, if the problem was with the signal from TCM, we would all be experiencing the same problem and that's not happening.

Most of the time, just rebooting the cable box will unfreeze the picture. Just unplug it for at least 30 seconds, then turn it back on. It will go through set-up for a minute or two, then all should be OK.

Before rebooting, try changing the channel, and changing back. Try swapping tuners, if you have a two-tuner DVR. Then try just turning the box off for 30sec. If that doesn't work, then try a reboot.

The new Motorola DCX series of DVRs has some kind of a flaw that pops up every so often - the screen will freeze, or go black. This can also happen with programmed recording. Changing the channel, then changing back, will make it work again.

> {quote:title=finance wrote:

> }{quote}With a name like that, you sound as if you'd be a football fan. Watch the Giants-Falcons.

What has that name to do with football?

To me, that name says he's a Bowery Boys fan.