Sign in to follow this  
ERROL23

Race Street(1948)

2 posts in this topic

Dan Gannin(George Raft)is the towns number one bookie czar who plans to open his own nightclub,quit,and marry his girl Robbie Lawrence(Marilyn Maxwell)The clubs singer is Dans sister,Elaine(Gale Robbins)

Dans best friend and partner,Hal Towers(Harry Morgan)is visited by two hoods and demand a part of the organization.When Hal refuses hes brutally murdered.When Dan and LT Barney Runson(William Bendix)find Hal,Dan wants revenge.Barney warns Dan to stay out of it and let the police handle it,but Dan wont listen.

Soon,two thugs pick up Dan,blindfold him and take him to meet a mysterios MR Dickson(Frank Faylen)Dan refuses to go along with the gangsters and is beaten up and left for dead.Barney gets him out of the hospital and again warns Dan to stay out of it,but he still refuses.

Great Film.Dont Miss.

Edited by: ERROL23 on Mar 8, 2012 8:20 PM

Edited by: ERROL23 on Mar 8, 2012 8:20 PM

I love this flick!!! It's been a while since I've seen it, but wow! I hope TCM does a Raft tribute sometime soon, cos I'd dig getting into a lot of these flix again! A box set would be nice too, but most studios aren't doing those anymore unfortunately.