Sign in to follow this  
scottman1932

The Kid Brother (1927) at UCLA, May 20th

3 posts in this topic

Harold Lloyd's delightful film, THE KID BROTHER will be screend at UCLA with Carl Davis conducting the L.A. Chamber Orchestra, on May 20th. The orchestra will be performing a score Davis wrote for this film. The L.A. Chamber Orchestra has been putting on this event for the past 23 years and is always a fun event. Live music and classic films, a winning combination!

If you are in the L.A. area, I highly recommend getting tickets for this event, it should be great fun!

Last night's showing of Harold Lloyd's 1927 comedy, THE KID BROTHER was well attended.

Carl Davis conducted the L.A. Chamber Orchestra, which performed the score he wrote for it.

We also got to see Lloyd's two reel "thrill comedy" HIGH AND DIZZY (1920), which Carl Davis also wrote a score for. The films were introduced by Leonard Maltin. Suzanne Lloyd was there with her family and spoke briefly about her grandfather. THE KID BROTHER is my favorite Harold Lloyd feature and it was such a treat to see it on the big screen with a live orchestra and a really apprecitive audience. Looking forward to next year. :D

On 5/21/2012 at 5:44 PM, scottman1932 said:

Last night's showing of Harold Lloyd's 1927 comedy, THE KID BROTHER was well attended.

Carl Davis conducted the L.A. Chamber Orchestra, which performed the score he wrote for it.

We also got to see Lloyd's two reel "thrill comedy" HIGH AND DIZZY (1920), which Carl Davis also wrote a score for. The films were introduced by Leonard Maltin. Suzanne Lloyd was there with her family and spoke briefly about her grandfather. THE KID BROTHER is my favorite Harold Lloyd feature and it was such a treat to see it on the big screen with a live orchestra and a really apprecitive audience. Looking forward to next year. :D

The Kid Brother was really good. Had some nice gags in it. I liked that monkey with the shoes!