SueSueApplegate

SUE SUE II...

1,131 posts in this topic

Thanks for the reminder, Kyle!

And for previous passholders who have or apply for a CitiCard, the presale starts Tuesday, November 13, at 10 a.m. and continues until 10 a.m. Thursday, November 15. (ET) There is at least a $15 fee that TCM does not charge, however. ( FYI: I do know of a few previous TCMFF attendees who are taking advantage of this offer.)

For everybody else, passes go on sale at 12 Noon, Thursday, November 15!

h4. 2013 PASSES GO ON SALE THURSDAY NOVEMBER 15, 2012 AT 12PM ET

*NEW: THE PALACE PASS--$249*

The Palace Pass gives three day access to screenings at the historic Grauman's Chinese Theatre and Egyptian Theatre, Friday April 26- Sunday, April

$349

h3. MATINEE FESTIVAL PASS

The Matinee Pass is your three day entry to screenings, panels and Club TCM until 6pm, Friday April 26 - Sunday, April 28, 2013.

$549

h3. CLASSIC FESTIVAL PASS

The Classic Pass opens the door to four days of movie heaven - including access to film screenings, panels, Club TCM and passholder receptions Thursday, April 25 - Sunday, April 28, 2013.

$699

h3. ESSENTIAL FESTIVAL PASS

The Essential Pass is your chance to walk in the footsteps of Hollywood legends down the red carpet and into Grauman's Chinese Theatre for the Opening Night Gala world premiere restoration of FUNNY GIRL (1968) plus all the benefits of the Classic Pass.

$1599

h3. SPOTLIGHT FESTIVAL PASS

The Spotlight Pass is your ticket to the most glamorous soiree in town, the Opening Night Vanity Fair party following the Red Carpet Gala screening of FUNNY GIRL (1968). Plus enjoy priority entry into ALL screenings and events throughout the Festival including exclusive "meet and greet" events with Robert Osborne, Ben Mankiewicz and other special guests.

FOR THE FULL ANNOUNCEMENT AND CURRENT UPDATES, GO TO THE OFFICIAL WEBSITE:http://filmfestival.tcm.com/attend/passes.php

2013 PASSES GO ON SALE THURSDAY NOVEMBER 15, 2012 AT 12PM ET

It was wonderful to see Olivia De Havilland on 60 Minutes tonight. If you haven't seen it yet, don't miss it. It's during Morley Safer's second installment of his interview with author David McCullough.

McCullough asks De Havilland what brought her to Paris, and she smiles and says so coyly, "A Frenchman!"

Passes can be purchased by following this link: http://www.citiprivatepass.com/landing/tcm_classic_film_festival.html

You do not need a CitiCard to purchase a pass.

See Kyle's new thread for more information about the CitiCard perks: http://forums.tcm.com/thread.jspa?threadID=167158&tstart=0

Did you buy your pass yet SueSue?

You might want to hold off because we here in California are thinking of not letting Texans into the state after they've seceeded from the Union.

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/state&id=8884391

Otherwise if we do let Texans into California, I've also heard that the tourist visa for Texans will be expensive. (We've got a budget to balance, doncha know.)

Well, Kyle, you have an excellent point, there. It is indeed part of our Texas Constitution, but I think there are some folks who are about 150 years too late. And with our booming job market, and large industrial complexes, I don't think Uncle Sam wants to part with us just yet.

As for the California tourist visa/LA passport, I am well aware of the California cash crunch. The bite out of my budget increases every time I step over the state line!

In the meantime, if you know any legislators who can help facilitate my travel plans, I will indeed be grateful. :)

*"It is indeed part of our Texas Constitution, but I think there are some folks who are about 150 years too late."* - SueSue

80,000 Texans have signed this petition in the past week! You need to talk to your unhappy neighbors. But I do agree that it will be as successful as the Battle Of The Alamo.

*"...if you know any legislators who can help facilitate my travel plans, I will indeed be grateful."*

No legislators. But if you can get into Mexico, I know a coyote that sneak you into California for the weekend.

;)

I like the fact that there is a petition to revoke the citizenship of everyone who signs a petition to secede. This is obviously a "Hot Topic" among the government and history professors where I teach.

Did I hear someone mention Texas and politics? I'm in!!!

Unfortunately, Rick Perry's divorce from the secession movement means I'll never get to see him perp walked out to a police car. Now, that would be a cinematic journey worth seeing!!

David in (cough cough) a very smoky Seattle

David, don't get me started on the "virtues" of the drugstore cowboy. I might never come back to the topic of the thread, our hallowed Turner Classic Movies Film Festival...I predict someone will start a new thread. Oops. No politics, please! :)

If you've always wanted to go to the Turner Classic Film Festival, now is your chance to attend in 2013-- Two Classic passes and a $1500 American Express Giftcard!

Follow the link to the Fathom Events Festival Sweepstakes: http://fathomevents.votigo.com/fbsweeps/sweeps/Fathoms-Flyaway-with-TCM-Sweepstakes?u=646723

Agreed! And if Barbra Streisand and Omar Sharif appear at the opening night gala for *Funny Girl* , Spotlight passholders won't be disappointed if they attend the *Vanity Fair* party, too. Maybe this year photos of the *Vanity Fair* party might actually be showcased in *Vanity Fair* magazine.

I hope James Brolin shows up, too! ;)

And as long as we are speculating about Barbra Streisand's appearance at the Turner Classic Film Festival 2013, passholders might want to read James Grissom's pre-publication blog entry for November 13, *Follies of God.* Tennesse Williams waxes and wanes about Streisand's artistry and talent, and the implications and responsibility of the truly gifted: http://jamesgrissom.blogspot.com/

Fellow passholders trying to contact me at the Classic Film Union: I have received your messages, but cannot access the CFU website this evening. You can send me a private message on the Message Boards if you need to contact me tomorrow. For some reason, the CFU is down. Thanks!

Follow this link (originally posted by Araner1973 as a youtube link in the Hot Topics Thread)in the TCM Media Room: http://www.tcm.com/mediaroom/video/567062/TCM-Remembers-2012-TCM-Original-.html

According to Kyle in Hollywood's post on the Hot Topics Thread entitled TCM REMEMBERS, it might possibly be shown tonight sometime before *My Fair Lady,* and it's always nicer to see it on our favorite channel. :-)

POSSIBLE SPOILERS:

The new TCM REMEMBERS 2012 is one of the most all-encompassing montages ever created, and includes performers from all categories of the entertainment business. It is lovely, and the theme is "Scenes From a Drive-In." Ann Rutherford is featured in a beautifully dramatic clip, and Michael Clarke Duncan relishing a "flicker show," as well as a dramatic last goodbye from TCM Festival and Cruise guest Ernest Borgnine, while shooting stars fly across a deep, midnight blue sky. It is simply one of the loveliest and most thorough compilations ever aired to celebrate the lives of our favorite performers, and includes Whitney Houston, Ben Gazzara, Phyllis Diller, Andy Williams, and many others who spent their lives in front of and behind the camera. The song is "Wait" by M83 and was filmed in Atlanta, Georgia, at the historic Starlight Drive-In.

Kudos to TCM staff, editors, writers, and crew for a stunning tribute.

After a December announcement in 2011, the next scheduled update occurred on January 31, 2012. So our next announcement for the Turner Classic Movies Film Festival 2013 might not be until the end of January of 2013. Enjoy all the holiday fare on our favorite channel, Turner Classic Movies!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

TagsNXtr78277.gif

Photo Courtesy of Victorian Angel on Photobucket

And don't forget to read about the National Film Registry's 25 Films selected for preservation this year, here: http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/movies/moviesnow/la-et-mn-national-film-registry-20121217,0,1057524.story

There is even a perennial holiday favorite included!

*Plenty of films with Christmas themes and special shorts like Judy Garland singing "Silent Night" and Mario Lanza singing "Ave Maria" highlight TCM's Christmas Eve lineup:*

(ALL TIMES ARE CENTRAL STANDARD TIME--Follow the link to select your time zone: http://www.tcm.com//schedule/monthly.html )

SUSAN SLEPT HERE (1954)

A Hollywood screenwriter takes in a runaway girl who's more woman than he can handle.

Dir: Frank Tashlin Cast: Dick Powell , Debbie Reynolds , Anne Francis .

C-98 mins, TV-PG, CC, Letterbox Format

10:00 AM

IN THE GOOD OLD SUMMERTIME (1949)

In this musical remake of The Shop Around the Corner, feuding co-workers in a small music shop do not realize they are secret romantic pen pals.

Dir: Robert Z. Leonard Cast: Judy Garland , Van Johnson , S. Z. "Cuddles" Sakall .

C-103 mins, TV-PG, CC,

11:45 AM

SILENT NIGHT: JUDY GARLAND (1937)

BW-2 mins,

11:57 AM

LORETTA YOUNG BIOGRAPHY (1962)

BW-4 mins,

12:00 PM

BISHOP'S WIFE, THE (1947)

An angel helps set an ambitious bishop on the right track.

Dir: Henry Koster Cast: Cary Grant , Loretta Young , David Niven .

BW-109 mins, TV-G, CC,

1:54 PM

MARIO LANZA CHRISTMAS TRAILER (AVE' MARIA) (1951)

BW-3 mins,

2:00 PM

HOLIDAY AFFAIR (1950)

A young widow is torn between a boring businessman and a romantic ne'er-do-well.

Dir: Don Hartman Cast: Robert Mitchum , Janet Leigh , Wendell Corey .

BW-87 mins, TV-G, CC,

3:30 PM

MEET ME IN ST. LOUIS (1944)

Young love and childish fears highlight a year in the life of a turn-of-the-century family.

Dir: Vincente Minnelli Cast: Judy Garland , Margaret O'Brien , Mary Astor .

C-113 mins, TV-G, CC,

5:30 PM

BABES IN TOYLAND (1934)

Dir: Gus Meins Cast: Virginia Karns , Charlotte Henry , Felix Knight .

BW-78 mins,

7:00 PM

SHOP AROUND THE CORNER, THE (1940)

Feuding co-workers don't realize they're secret romantic pen pals.

Dir: Ernst Lubitsch Cast: Margaret Sullavan , James Stewart , Frank Morgan .

BW-99 mins, TV-G, CC,

8:43 PM

SNOW BIRDS (1932)

C-10 mins,

9:00 PM

COME TO THE STABLE (1949)

Two nuns set up a children's hospital in the New England countryside.

Dir: Henry Koster Cast: Loretta Young , Celeste Holm , Hugh Marlowe .

BW-95 mins, TV-G, CC,

10:39 PM

VISIT TO SANTA (1963)

Two children dreaming of Christmas visit Santa at the North Pole.

BW-12 mins, TV-G,

11:00 PM

AUNTIE MAME (1958)

An eccentric heiress raises her nephew to be a free spirit.

Dir: Morton DaCosta Cast: Rosalind Russell , Forrest Tucker , Coral Browne .

C-143 mins, TV-G, CC, Letterbox Format

1:30 AM

MAN WHO CAME TO DINNER, THE (1942)

An acerbic critic wreaks havoc when a hip injury forces him to move in with a midwestern family.

Dir: William Keighley Cast: Bette Davis , Ann Sheridan , Monty Woolley .

BW-113 mins, TV-G, CC

*Here's sending plenty of holiday cheer to you and yours!*

If you have been enjoying all of the "Dr. Kildare" features today with the incomparable Lew Ayres and want to read more about him, follow this link to a lovely Q & A with Ayres biographer Lesley Coffin on The Silver Screen Oasis: http://silverscreenoasis.com/oasis3/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=6053

Happy New Year!

Edited by: SueSueApplegate on Dec 28, 2012 2:39 PM

Essential Passes for the TCMFF 2013 are no longer available online. Call 1-877-TCM-5764.

We are all going to have so much fun this year!

Happy New Year!