SueSueApplegate

SUE SUE II...

1,369 posts in this topic

Pass holders should be receiving their packages in the mail by Friday. Have you received yours yet? :-)

It's going to be so much fun, rhodesisland!

The schedule is up here: http://filmfestival.tcm.com/programs/festival-schedule/?scheduleDay=1

Keith Carradine, Jane Withers, Ron and Allen Fields (W.C. Fields' grandsons), Diane Baker, Sherry Lansing, Leonard Maltin, Eddie Muller, Andrew Prine, Katherine Quinn (Anthony's widow) and many others have been added! :-)

This just keeps sounding better and better!  I hope the weather is perfect and you all have fun out there. 

I'm leaving for Jacksonville in the morning.  My Mom's been ill for a nearly a month and my sister and I are being pressured to put her in in an ALF which I don't think she's ready for and she does not want.  My armor and sword are packed and ready for battle.  If I'm still up there Festival week-end you will still be in my thoughts and prayers even if I can't get TCM up there. (It's separate on Comcast and Mom doesn't have it).  Love to you all!   

• Like 1

Thanks you so much for the kind words and prayers, dear wouldbestar. I hope everyone has a safe trip to the festival, too. I'm so sorry to hear about the difficulties with your mother, and hope all will go smoothly for you and your family during this transition period.

I''ve had all kinds of calls and messages today about the fabulous schedule and all the special guests that have been added, and everyone is excited. I'm working on my own personal schedule for the festival a little later tonight. Hugs to you!

I will repeat something I said just about a week ago...this will be the greatest TCM film festival of all.  The list of stars is beyond compare...and now the schedule is here and it will take the wisdom of a Solomon to decide what to see.  The one thing I do know I will fret over the most will be Sophia Loren at one end of town while 1776 is at the end of the other...and if I pass over seeing her then, I could try to see her the Chinese and skip Kiss Me Kate in 3D or Houdini in The Grim Game. 

I do know somebody who is going to be thrilled by The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance and My Darling Clementine and They Were Expendable.   ;)

Seeing The Sea Hawk on the big screen will be my choice after the Grease poolside party on opening night. 

Friday: Lenny vs. The Proud Rebel...Cincinnati Kid...Norma Rae vs. Steamboat Bill, Jr....Apollo 13 vs. On Her Majesty's Secret Service.

Saturday:  42nd Street vs. So Dear To My Heart, 1776 vs. Sophia!, The Apartment (being introduced by Shirley MacLaine!  Are you kidding me?!  What other choice could there be?!), French Connection vs. The Loved One,

Sunday:  Nightmare Alley, Diary of Anne Frank vs. Shirley MacLaine, Children's Hour vs. Judgment at Nuremberg vs. Houdini, and Sophia vs. Houdini vs. Kate 3D

And the most terrifying choice of all...will what I wear at the opening night party pass muster with Baby T???!!!!!   

• Like 1

Ha-Ha! I love your energy and your priorities, filmlover! I am so excited about all the fun we will all have with our friends at the festival this year that I even wrote another short article about "Nine Oscar-winners and 'The Sound of Music' Cast Members" : http://www.examiner.com/article/nine-oscar-winners-and-the-sound-of-music-cast-at-tcm-film-festival-2015

c8734657-3675-4cc6-a9f7-e5aae95ee2c1_zps

Club TCM Fans!

1b595159-c92b-4e87-9c0f-a9a372f16bf8_zps

Meet the TCM Panel!

My selections are pretty well made now too. My toughest timeframe was also Sunday afternoon!

My thoughts went like this,

Children's Hour, in which my aunt has a small part and will be introduced by Shirley MacLaine...or the Clooney/Lopez action/romance Out of Sight which I enjoyed quite a bit at the time of its release...or Judgement at Nurenmberg which I just saw for the first time a few weeks ago... OR one of my wife's all time favorites, The Philadelphia Story!?

Ok...so maybe the choice wasn't so tough after all!

Just call me, "Staying Married" rhodesisland

:D

See you all soon!

• Like 1

Thanks for sharing, rhodesisland!

My plans keep changing like the wind. There are so many fabulous films and events set for the festival this year, and 9 Oscar-winners! I know that any plans I make will change, but I do have some favorites.

I'll be one of the members of the Social Producer's program, and will tweet and write about events.

Hope to see you there! :-)

Festival 101 has been updated on the TCM Film Festival website here: http://filmfestival.tcm.com/attend/festival-101/

The fabulous TCM Film Festival App is now available on Android and IOS. Take a peek! It's free and very handy on your portable devices!

See you soon!

Some of my thoughts and picks for the festival include:

The #1 US find: THE GRIM GAME (A 1919 film starring Houdini)

The #1 UK surprise: THE WAR GAME

The #1 Noir--TOO LATE FOR TEARS

My top picks in no particular order as to prominence(and I hope I am able to see all of them as I have media credentials):

#1 A personal favorite--CALAMITY JANE, with Doris Day and Howard Keel

#2 Some say one of the best James Bond films ever made: ON HER MAJESTY'S SECRET SERVICE with

special guest, George Lazenby

#3 MARRIAGE ITALIAN STYLE with Sophia Loren

#4 THE MAN WHO SHOT LIBERTY VALANCE with Keith Carradine

#5 THE SOUND OF MUSIC with Julie Andrews and Christopher Plummer

#6 THE APARTMENT WITH SHIRLEY MACLAINE

#7 THE CINCINNATI KID WITH ANN-MARGRET

#8 MALCOM X with Spike Lee.

#9 THE MAN WHO WOULD BE KING with Christopher Plummer

#10 LENNY with Dustin Hoffman

#11 Another personal fave--A MAN FOR ALL SEASONS (Paul Scofield made this one of his signature

roles on the stage, and won an Oscar for the film.

CLUB TCM INTERVIEWS: Shirley Maclaine, Anne Coates, Peter Fonda

EXTENDED CONVERSATIONS: Sophia Loren and Robert, Norman LLoyd and Ben

PRECODE: The Smiling Lieutenant with Claudette Colbert, Miriam Hopkins, and Maurice Chevalier

I am still changing my mind! So many fabulous choices this year.

Also some of my faves: Desk Set, The Wind and the Lion, My Man Godfrey, The French Connection (with William Friedkin), The Philadelphia Story, Queen Christina, Young Mr. Lincoln, My Darling Clementine,

and Norma Rae. And I'm wondering if Sally Field will be announced as the final guest, making it a total of 10 Oscar-winners to grace this year's TCM Film Festival.

I am hoping some of the films I have to miss will play on TBA Sunday....

Check out all the fabulous films here: http://filmfestival.tcm.com/programs/

Festival 101 has been updated on the TCM Film Festival website here: http://filmfestival.tcm.com/attend/festival-101/

The fabulous TCM Film Festival App is now available on Android and IOS. Take a peek! It's free and very handy on your portable devices!

See you soon!

Sue, the App seems to need an update. It's still listing Spartacus and has some weird times for some shows (11 am for Apollo 13?) If you have any connections to the folks that can work on it, could you drop them a word?

• Like 1

Rhodesisland, I am not having trouble with my IOS App at this time. Are you still experiencing difficulties? Are you using IOS or Android? Please let me know.

GALA PREMIERE RELATED NEWS:Tonight, Diane Sawyer tells some of the "Untold Stories of THE SOUND OF MUSIC" on a special edition of 20/20: http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/fullpage/the-sound-of-music-julie-andrews-christopher-plummer-interactive-29627717

Sawyer makes a pilgrimage to that muscial mountaintop.

imagejpg1_zps070c2183.jpg

Rhodesisland, I am not having trouble with my IOS App at this time. Are you still experiencing difficulties? Are you using IOS or Android? Please let me know.

GALA PREMIERE RELATED NEWS:Tonight, Diane Sawyer tells some of the "Untold Stories of THE SOUND OF MUSIC" on a special edition of 20/20: http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/fullpage/the-sound-of-music-julie-andrews-christopher-plummer-interactive-29627717

Sawyer makes a pilgrimage to that muscial mountaintop.

imagejpg1_zps070c2183.jpg

Using an iphone 6+. The app seems to work, but it shows old info.

Beloved TCM Host Robert Osborne will not be able to attend this year's festival: http://www.examiner.com/article/tcm-host-robert-osborne-bows-out-of-2015-tcm-film-festival

I am quite disappointed in this news. Getting the chance to meet Mr. Osborne was going to be one of the highlights of this trip! I wish him all the best and a speedy recovery, but will truly miss this opportunity to have met him.

• Like 1

Rhodesisland, I just wanted to let you know that the TCM Festival App Team is busy working on your problem right now!

And we will all miss Robert Osborne, but his health is of utmost importance.

There will be a mailbox set up in the lobby of the Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel by the info desk for fans to drop off Get Well cards for Mr. Osborne.

For everyone attending the Festival this year and especially those coming from the East, the weather during the Festival is forecast to be in the high 80s on Thursday and Friday.

We are in the midst of a major drought here in California and the western sun is relentless.  Please keep this in mind and stay not only hydrated but remember to bring sunscreen and sunglasses.

When in restaurants, you will likely need to ask for water as it won't be automatically offered.

Also if you are fair-skinned, a hat will be a good accessory.

In the evenings and nights, the lows will be in the low 60s/high 50s.

Please keep in mind that the theaters may be cooler- with temps that high they may not be as cold as in previous years,  so a sweater, light jacket or shawl may be necessary. 

Sue Sue's 2nd UPDATE for today:

Bob Koster, son of director Henry Koster, he of HARVEY and MY MAN GODFREY, has been added to the Special Guests list for the TCM Film Festival 2015.

Also, actress Madeleine Stowe has been added to the schedule to introduce THE PHILADELPHIA STORY.

UPDATES: On the schedule now....Richard Roundtree has been added to introduce Earthquake, Ron Perlman has been added to introduce Patton, and Jamie Donelly, Barry Pearl, Michael Tucci, and Kelly Ward (All cast members of Grease) have been added to introduce Grease poolside.

Dick Brookz and Dorothy Dietrich, from the Houdini Museum, have been added to the schedule for Houdini. Since they are magicians, might they perform at the festival? We'll find out soon! :D

image.jpg1_zps4g3btyjc.jpg

I'll be tweeting live from the TCM Film Festival 2015 and updating here when I have a chance!

See you soon!

I am so sorry RO is too ill to make this year's Festival.  Only that would make him miss it.  The lineup keeps improving so this will be his loss as well as the fans in not having him there.

I will be following it all on TCM now that I'm back where I can.  My sympathies to those of you who have Comcast for your cable service.  Their channel choices up in Jacksonville were horrendous-I could only get three that I access on Bright House down here-and the staff is rude.  Score one for Tampa!   

Have Fun!

• Like 1