SueSueApplegate

SUE SUE II...

1,367 posts in this topic

Speculation is high on the boards and across social media that tomorrow, Monday, April 11, we will have a final schedule for the TCMFF 2016.

So be on the lookout around noon (EST), and enjoy all the surprises!

You may receive an email, you might hear about it first on social media, or the schedule might just be mysteriously uploaded on the TCM Film Festival website.

Hope to hear all about it tomorrow!

Other than the fact that four of the previously announced movies which I wanted to see have been scheduled at the same time, I think it's a fantastic schedule. There's definitely something for everyone. Charlie Tabesh & Co. have done a great job. I will have to remember to schedule meals and a little down time. For my taste, this collection of films is more interesting than the previous two years.

Where else do you have to choose between THE PASSION OF JOAN OF ARC, with live accompaniment, and Adam West's BATMAN poolside? Both sound great.

James Cromwell had not previously been announced as a guest. Such a wonderful actor. May we hope that his introducing one of his father's films becomes a tradition at the festival?

• Like 1

I agree, Kingrat! That would be a nice tradition to continue. I am thrilled Cromwell will be in attendance at the screening of "Fallen Idol."

And Charlie Tabesh and Co. are to be congratulated on such a diverse and unusual grouping of celebrities, films, panels, and special events.

Happy Birthday today to Jane Withers, a good friend of TCM and frequent particpant in festival events.
She is 90!

Withers has not been scheduled to appear this year, but she did last year, and several years prior.

Here I am chatting with Jane about one of our favorite subjects----our jewelry!
a48b12f0-e638-49a7-8cb9-ea7e473b2571_zps

And here is a link to an interview I did with Jane Withers at the TCM Film Festival in 2013: https://suesueapplegate.wordpress.com/2013/05/28/tcmff-2013-jane-withers-interview/

I am still perusing this fabulous schedule, and will have to select films that don't conflict with my TCM Film Festival Social Producers events. If you see me at the festival, be sure to say hello! I might add you to my list of photo-ops I'll be tweeting about!

For those of you who've been asking, there is an updated Festival 101 for the #TCMFF 2016 here: http://filmfestival.tcm.com/attend/festival-101/

And first-time festival goers will have a special ribbon they can attach to their passes that designates their "Film Fest Debut." If you arrive on Wednesday, and are able to attend the Early Bird Meet and Greet out by the Hollywood Roosevelt Pool, you can pick up your ribbon at that time, and visit with other pasholders who just happen to be "Early Birds."

d62db631-2e98-4737-9455-330e1baf088e_zps

Always pay attention to your surroundings, too. You never know whom you might meet in the lobby of the TCL Chinese Theatrre (formerly, and probably always, Grauman's).

And Yippee-Yay-O-Kay-Yay! There will be a festival app for IOS or Android. It will have films, special guests, social media links, and other features to help you navigate the surroundings!

Are you a budget-minded TCMFF pass holder? TCM has again arranged a discount at Hollywood area restaurants and attractions, including Starline Tours, The Hollywood Museum, The Hollywood Heritage Museum select restaurants in the Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel, The Pig & Whistle and more.

Check out all the fabulous discounts and attractions here.

Do you haunt social media applications to stay up-to-date on all festival events,news and activities?

Throughout the fest, follow #TCMFF on Twitter, Instagram and Tumblr for Festival-related announcements and updates, and tag your own tweets with @TCM so we can read about your experiences. Additionally, you can “Like” TCM on Facebook to join the classic film conversation. This year also look for the hashtag #TCMFFProducers and some of these busy social producers....

image_zpswmcycbbe.jpeg

Sue Sue will be one of those #TCMFFProducers again this year! Follow me @suesueapplegate on Twitter!

This will be one of those memorable festival years!

d5a30e9f-9387-4195-9e8e-940e2506652b_zps

What will you wear for your Red Carpet appearance?

Ask me about some of our Message Board members who will be attending the festival if you see me! Many of them will be out and about this year visiting TCMFF 2016 festival venues and parties!

Some of the items on my to do list for the TCMFF 2016...

image_zpswimgvibe.jpeg

"The Keys of the Kingdom" promises to be a wonderful way to celebrate Gregory Peck's 100th year, and his breakthough role in the 1944 film will be introduced by Cecilia Peck. Since it is a Joseph Mankiewicz production, and he also has screenplay credit with Nunally Johnson (from the A.J. Cronin novel), I'm hoping TCM's Ben Mankiewicz will be on hand to lend his insight.

Cecilia Voll Peck, a documentarian, whose film about her father recently appeared on TCM, is a guest that passholders won't want to miss. I hope she discusses how fascinating Peck's aging process appeared on screen in this film made so early in Peck's career.

Also appearing in "The Keys of the Kingdom" are Roddy McDowall as the young Francis Chisholm, kindly Edmund Gwenn (Kris Kringle in "Miracle on 34th Street"), Sarah Allgood (the kindly "Bessie" in "Jane Eyre") and Peggy Ann Garner as the young "Nora" in the film. Since "A Tree Grows in Brooklyn" is also a featured film this year, Miss Garner will be in two films at this year's festival. Just be at the Chinese Multiplex #6 on Sunday afternoon to line up about 3:45-4:00 for this screening.

We might have even more surprise guests announced right before the festival as such last-minute announcements have happened in the past.

Where else might Sue Sue be?

Here...image_zpsdt5xnhch.jpeg

Or maybe here...

image_zpsho6t5gne.jpeg

Or seeing Anna Karina..

image_zpswrjfglow.jpeg

Or watching Francis stylishly sign his name in cement after an important ceremony in the sunshine...

image.jpg18_zpsbqb2ptxv.jpg

Or having KEGOT Rita Moreno sign my copy of her book...

image_zpstthbrr37.jpeg

And listening to her discuss the making of "The King and I." I can't wait to hear about being on set with Deborah Kerr and Yul Brynner!

See you soon on the Boulevard!

image.jpg26_zps6wuupyar.jpg

I'll be one of the many Social Producers at the festival this year, so if I point a camera at you, be sure to smile.

More special picks for films and panels a little later..

Safe travels!

• Like 1

The new TCM Film Fest app is now available, and has many new features that pass holders will enjoy.

If you have an IOS or Android phone, you can add the app now.

It also has a new pass holder message feature, and I'm already getting texts! Connect with your fest buddies on the "Check In" feature.

All information on the TCM Film Fest website is available on the app.

TCM is making this so much fun already, and I haven't even landed at LAX yet! :-)

Most everyone has probably heard that Burt Reynolds and Billy Dee Williams will not be able to attend the festival, and I wish them well. I know many pass holders were looking forward to seeing them at the festival and attending the Reynolds' interview. We hope for future events that might include them.

image_zpsz7yrv2ik.jpeg

In lieu of these announcements, Faye Dunaway will be added to introduce "Network" and be the subject of the "Live from the TCM Film Festival Interview." The addition of Ms. Dunaway has created much interest and excitement in her participation because of her varied career, her high-profile roles that led to her working with many popular industry professionals, and her Oscar-winning status. Of course, I hope she will discuss working with William Holden, Dustin Hoffman, Steve McQueen, Warren Beatty, and many more.

• Like 1

I think a lot of people will go bonkers at the thought of getting to attend the Faye Dunaway interview. Prepare for long lines. Too bad Burt Reynolds and Billy Dee Williams aren't able to attend, but congratulations to TCM for being able to add Faye Dunaway.

I agree with you, Kingrat! I think it is going to be a very popular event, and pass holders need to line up early.

Social producers and pass holders already in Hollywood popped in to the Noir City double-bill last evening at The Egyptian! Read more about it here: http://www.examiner.com/article/noir-city-celebrates-the-film-career-of-paul-henreid-with-monika-henreid

I'll be one of the #TCCMFFSocialProducers reporting on events at the festival an looking for first-time festival pass holders. Follow me @suesueapplegate and be ready to smile if I snap your photo!

#TCMFF fun begins Wednesday afternoon for an Early Bird Meet and Greet at the Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel pool at 4:00-4:30. See you there!

See you soon in Hollywood!

This all sounds like so much fun in store for everybody.  I remember five years ago being all packed and waiting for my Wednesday morning takeoff.  I wish I were again.  I'm so sorry RO can't make it; I'm really starting to worry about him. 

Maybe the best way to get him feeling better is to make this Festival the best one ever.  With folks like you, Sue, helping the cause I know it will be.  I'm also waiting to see some photos of "Scotchie" as she's always so well-dressed when she's there.  Enjoy, everybody!   

Thanks so much, wouldbestar!

I'll be posting some of my photos from the Red Carpet and fest activities soon, as I've just returned home.

In the meantime, if you are on Twitter, you can scroll through the content I created for the festival on @suesueapplegate.

Photos of Butterscotch are forthcoming!

Getting ready for the TCMFF Red Carpet Rumba 2016...

image_zpsgqxxqnwo.jpeg

Bird's eye view...

image_zpscg8ddcla.jpeg

Credentialed media gathering for last minute updates...

image_zpsxq7wbtzl.jpeg

It looks lonely right now, but soon baubles, bangles, and beads will be swinging...

#TCMFF #TCMFFSP (These are the hashtags that accompany my tweets from the festival as one of the Social Producers-@suesueapplegate. If you are a Twitter aficionado, you can scroll through my photos and content.)

I kept watching the nightly wrap-ups alternately whooping it up and tearing out my hair.  I was so delighted that it went that well then ticked off that it was happening without me.  Then again I don't know how I would have picked which activities to go to when there seemed to be so many I wanted to be in on.  And to think that I was worried that the sadly dwindling pool of classic-era stars would compromise this and succeeding Festivals.  No more!   

• Like 1

So true, wouldbestar! I certainly wish you would have been able to attend, but we did have some fabulous articles from news media, bloggers, and the  #TCMFFSP (Social Producers for the festival).

I've been settling in and have to finish up several projects before I can post some of my content from this year's fesival, but in the meantime.....

ColumboFan wanted to know if I'd seen Ceclia Voll Peck introduce "Keys of the Kindgom" at the festival. Unfortunately, it was one of those films and introductions I wanted to see, but was unable to make it to the screening. ( I always want to see everything, and it's just not possible!)

But here is a photo of director Cecila Voll Peck with Pola Chagnon, VP/Brand Creative Director at TCM Pola Changnon....

4099638106C8690FA36A31159D8E_zpsgbdtdhi1

And  closeup of Peck introducing her father's film....

409963749F55AC0AB9F651CD619A_zps1xzibfye

#TCMFF #TCMFFSP

• Like 1

So true, wouldbestar! I certainly wish you would have been able to attend, but we did have some fabulous articles from news media, bloggers, and the  #TCMFFSP (Social Producers for the festival).

I've been settling in and have to finish up several projects before I can post some of my content from this year's fesival, but in the meantime.....

ColumboFan wanted to know if I'd seen Ceclia Voll Peck introduce "Keys of the Kindgom" at the festival. Unfortunately, it was one of those films and introductions I wanted to see, but was unable to make it to the screening. ( I always want to see everything, and it's just not possible!)

But here is a photo of director Cecila Voll Peck with Pola Chagnon, VP/Brand Creative Director at TCM Pola Changnon....

4099638106C8690FA36A31159D8E_zpsgbdtdhi1

And  closeup of Peck introducing her father's film....

409963749F55AC0AB9F651CD619A_zps1xzibfye[/url]

#TCMFF #TCMFFSP

Thanks, so much for posting these pictures I requested. :)

I do not do anymore international travelling unless by vehicle - such as a tour bus - so I do not think I will ever get down to California - but I love to hear about others meeting famous people who are related to classic stars.

image_zpsezsxbpju.jpeg

Sue X 2 preparing for the deluge of stars, celebrities, historians, and authors dancing the Red Carpet Rumba 2016....

image_zpscacjnhkh.jpeg

#TCMFF Social Producers Kim, @Kimbo3200, Michelle, and Kristen @Journeys_Film....

image_zpst7edvb58.jpeg

#TCMFF Social Producers Manager Marya @oldfilmsflicker, and Social ProducersRaquel @QuelleLove, and Nora @TheNitrateDiva....

Were we ready? You bet!

• Like 1

Here they come!

image_zpsdhkrvgre.jpeg

Pass holders ButterscotchGreer, the CountessDeLave, and DarrylFXanax stroll to the opening night screening of All The President's Men...

image_zpso8xytubg.jpeg

Fans are ready and waiting in the gallery. I spy Cinemaven! :-) See any of your pals from the TCM Message Boards? A happy, joyful group...

• Like 1

More Red Carpet Revelers....

image_zpsgwzg4ewa.jpeg

Oscar-winner James Cromwell...

image_zpsi0qdmqs5.jpeg

image_zpscfnokimh.jpeg

Italian star Gina Lollobrigida signs a photos for a dying fan, a friend of Catholic News Rep Dr. Joe McAleer...

image_zpsgy6qvi9e.jpeg

The spry Claude Jarman, Jr., star of "The Yearling."....

image_zps4tj0agbe.jpeg

Popular Louis Gossett, Jr., who has also been a Special Guest on the TCM Cruise...

• Like 1

Look at all the first-time #TCMFF festivalgoers I found! Are you one of them? All of these pass holders were thrilled to be a part of the 7th TCM Film Festival!

image_zpstu5oqs5a.jpeg

Christy Putnam, #TCMFF Social Producer

I thoroughly enjoyed all the book events at this year's TCM Film Festival, and hope you did, too!

image_zpso7byxsda.jpeg

Christy (Sue Sue) with author, writer, director and producer Illeana Douglas after her book signing in the Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel lobby.

(Photo courtesy of Sue Sue pal Debbie Lynn Elias)

Here's my latest article about the record number of authors attending events this year: http://www.examiner.com/article/seven-author-events-a-first-at-tcm-film-festival-2016

image_zpshszqhubl.jpeg

Actress Rita Moreno and a young fan in the lobby of the Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel during Moreno's popular book signing event.

(Photos courtesy of Rachel Murray/Getty Photos for Turner)

Happy Memorial Day Weekend, TCM friends!

I hope you've been able to enjoy some of the special films screened in honor of Memorial Day.

If not, check the fabulous lineup this weekend: http://www.tcm.com/schedule/

image_zps5zstziah.jpeg

Jennifer Grant, daughter of actor Cary Grant, on the TCMFF Red Carpet 2016....

Here's my final Red Carpet Rumba Wrap-up for the #TCMFF 2016: http://www.examiner.com/list/tcm-film-festival-s-top-red-carpet-revelers-2016

I was happy to be incuded as one of the #TCMFF Social Producers this season. I hope you have enjoyed my coverage, and will continue to post comments throughout the coming year. We might even hear about next year's festival in a few months!

"The Major and the Minor" on TCM tonight! Billy Wilder's first film, and Ginger Rogers gave him the ok!

I really enjoy From Stage to Screen with Annette O'Toole and Michael McKean. Seeing "The King and I" last night just reminded me what a gorgeous event the premiere must have been wherever it was....

image.jpg1_zpsr1xhrhfh.jpg