Sign in to follow this  
Swithin

Zohra Sehgal turned 100 on April 27

2 posts in this topic

The great and venerable Indian actor and dancer *Zohra Sehgal* turned 100 two weeks ago. Probably best known to U.S. and U.K. audiences for her portrayal of Lady Chatterjee in The Jewel in the Crown, Ms. Sehgal appeared on stage, television, and in numerous films, including Bhaji on the Beach, and Bend It Like Beckham. Here's a little tribute to her. Happy belated birthday, Zohra Sehgal!

http://www.indiatimes.com/bollywood/legendary-actress-zohra-sehgal-turns-100_-21469.html

Hi Swithin . . .

Thank you for providing the Link about Zohra Sehgal. She is quite an impressive person. To be honest with you, I had never heard of her, But I do enjoy Indian movies, especially from the 60's and mostly the movies that portray them in their natural attire with all their colorful saris and traditions.

In the 70's, I used to attend a theatre that showed only Indian Movies and I always enjoyed watching them. The Theatre always smelled of heavy incense. Very aromatic & 'intoxicating' . . . it made the movie much more realistic. But it has since been torn down. Too Bad !

I can see why Zohra Sehgal is very popular, seeing how long she has acted in the movie industry and is still going. Her Love of Life is probably what keeps her going strong.

Thanks for Sharing !