Sign in to follow this  
sfpcc1

A Question Posed From An Old Sitcom

49 posts in this topic

Consider...

My ex-wife was large breasted. My wife now is not so busty. I essentially left the ex for the wife I now have. Apparently, the size of the bustline didn't play much of a role in the why of the choice. Over time I noticed that many of the guys I know who married large breasted women, those women now are EX wives, and the guys have later married moderately to smaller breasted women. The why of this is uncertain, but it's a consideration for women who are bent on breast augmentation in an attempt to improve their love lives. The fixation on women's breasts in this society is puzzling. While being a factor in attraction for men to women, that factor wanes in the arena of sustaining relationships. For many men, a large breasted woman might be desrirable, but large breasts don't guarantee that woman to be a good companion, or even a satisfactory sexual partner. So their importance in any of this is ambiguous at best. In the language of classic movie buffs, it might be noticed that while many men might crink their necks to look at Marylin Monroe, they still prefer to be married to Myrna Loy.

Sepiatone

Womens' breasts have one practical function-to nurse their young-although I will accept that they also have a sexual allure for most men. Until fairly recently when children and marriage went together a larger size hinted at success at both endeavors but in truth nursing is possible for nearly any woman whatever her measurements.

Today the second end seems to be the predominate one and the source of unnecessary worry for many women. Guys seem to have a similar concern further south. It's all nonsense! It's what you have inside with regards to caring about the other person and what you want to offer and accept from them not the outer shell that counts. Age and gravity will change it anyway. Why can't we just accept each other as they are while encouraging them to develop their full potential?

wouldbestar, have you ever seen the television show Ice Loves Coco? I admit, like a train wreck, I sometimes linger, slack-jawed, when surfing past.

It seems the poor young woman, in an attempt to make the cowcatcher match the caboose (lots of junk in the trunk), had Ice pay for a pair of Double Z or whatever the last letter in the plastic mammary alphabet is bazoomas.

I pity her at 40.

Why can't we just accept each other as they are while encouraging them to develop their full potential?

Never gonna happen. As long as boys and men make girls and women feel inferior, they will be stupid enough to do anything and everything to their personal selves to attract the inferior sex.

Sad, ain't it? :(

Carol Burnett as Norma Desmond had me ****, for Bob Mackie literally gave her two bags of uncooked rice (or was it beans?) for her costume in their parody of Sunset Blvd.

CasablancaLover, Carol Burnett's takeoff of Gloria Swanson's magnificent performance is known as NORA Desmond. It was apparently done as one of their spoofs of classic moves (MILDRED FIERCE, TORCHY SONG), but the response to it resulted in Nora Desmond becoming a semi-regular character on the show. Great fun.

The REAL Norma Desmond (Gloria Swanson) appeared on her show once. I cant remember if the sketch came before or after (possibly Gloria saw it and contacted her....)

A starnge woman is a woman who is a starnger to the fondler------similar to a srange woman who is a stranger to the fondler.

>Finance wrote: A starnge woman is a woman who is a starnger to the fondler------similar to a srange woman who is a stranger to the fondler.

I have a golf buddy that used to refer to me as starnge. He was the better golfer, and the only man I never felt I had to compete against. We enjoyed being together far more than keeping a score on the card.

willbefree wrote: Never gonna happen. As long as boys and men make girls and women feel inferior, they will be stupid enough to do anything and everything to their personal selves to attract the inferior sex.

-----------------------------------------

Well willbe, I hate to burst your bubble here, BUT I'd bet for every male out there who partakes of that practice that there's a mother who's doin' the same thing to her daughter. You know what I'm talkin' about here, don't ya?! I'm sayin' that this sad practice of either subtlely or overtly "teaching" each new generation of daughters by their mothers that the female is somehow "inferior" has been passed down to each subsequent generation.

And yeah, while thankfully this practice has seemed to be on the wane recently, don't fool yourself here, as this is still quite prevalent even in our western culture.

To reply to the original post, before Mae West I think EVERY single Hollywood movie starlet that the world loved was VERY flat chested, you look at them and they're beautiful but they do not look ANYTHING like most of the women you see today, they're not built alike at all. People say Mabel Normand had a big bosom to accompany her petite size which made her sexy but I don't see it.

> {quote:title=finance wrote:}{quote}

> ....and from the same people who brought you Dargo 1,...........It's Dargo 2!

Is it new and improved?

Is it a: "Wait ... there's more!" moment?

I will be disappointed if it is only a rebranding to hide that it is now costlier.

Now Sans, I ask you(and finance): How could they POSSIBLY "improve" upon the original here, HUH?! ;-)

Actually, yeah, It's me alright.(I sure hope the Sprocket Man doesn't see this, just in case I should've said, "It is I")

Long story short, I've recently sold my home in Prescott AZ and purchased one in Sedona...and yeah, the scenery is absolutely breathtaking here. And, the reason I'm now "Dargo2" is because the internet service I had in Prescott doesn't serve the Sedona area, and thus I had to change my email address. And, because my account here at TCM showed my old email address, AND because I forgot my TCM password, I couldn't use the "Forget Your Password" function to reset it because it keep sending the reset info to my old and now cancelled email address...and so I created a new account.

(...it's nice to be back!)

Hollywood may not have started its fixation on mammoth **** until the 40s, but men's fixation on them goes back at least 24,000 years. The fertility symbol The Venus of Willendorf is proof:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Venus_of_Willendorf

It seems in those ancient days, men liked women who were, well, rather fleshy, by today's standards.

Edited by: ValentineXavier on May 19, 2012 10:46 PM

Edited by: ValentineXavier on May 19, 2012 10:47 PM

Edited by: ValentineXavier on May 19, 2012 10:48 PM

I'm not a breast man myself. Honest truth. I'm more of face and figure kind of guy, but that's a little off topic, It doesn't make me like an actress any less or more if they make me care they can be flat as a board.

Also, their is a difference between being flat, being well "equipped" and being large... Not many movie stars even now have a large cup size. The last one I remember well is Selma Hayak...

Welcome Back, Dargo 2 . . .

Your brand of humor Posts almost always had me in 'stitches' . . .

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcROURboixyV85tVz2OtKjE

Thanks, ugaarte! It's nice to see you still haven't gotten your hands on those "letters of transit" and are still hangin' around here too! ;-)

Thanks Charlotte! But re the concern here...Didn't I once tell you that I'm "indestructible"???!!! ;-)