Sign in to follow this  
SandyExum

Hotels and Transportation for handicapped

3 posts in this topic

I'm planning on attending the next film festival, but money is a BIG issue. I need to find an inexpensive hotel that's close to the venues, since I use a walker and need easy transportation. Can anybody help me ? Any kind of info would be helpful, even places to eat.

Thanks, Sandy

Hi Sandy

If I were you I would look into the usual suspects for hotel bookings...TCM just posted that the 2013 partner hotels are again the Hollywood Roosevelt and also the Loews Hollywood (previous TCMFF attendees know it as the Hollywood Renaissance) But neither one is what I would call cheap.

Obviously the cheapest way to attend is to stay at a friend's house or couchsurf (couchsurfing.org), then there are youth hostels, then if you can find friends going to the festival, get together and rent a house for a week and split the cost, then motels, then bed & breakfasts, then of course the hotels.

I don't know what your budget is or what you need to accommodate your disability, but I would search past threads here and also Google search any of the terms I gave you above.

And if you really want a close room and to minimize your transport costs as much as possible the Roosevelt & the Renaissance (Loews) mean you can skip a car rental and most cab rides.