Sign in to follow this  
allaboutlana

By Any Other Name, II

555 posts in this topic

Try this one.

She Played Kim Lee In "Crash" He Played Hennessey In "Strangers On A Train" There's A Line From A Song In "Show Boat" That Is "And Yet To Be Upon His Knee, So Comfy And Roomy, Seems Natural ____ ______"

I've used that Kim Lee clue quite a bit.

Clever. Regis Toomey

An inconvenient road mishap is a flat ____ old Eddie Howard song To Each His ____ one of Ralph Kramden's warning to Alice: ___ right in the kisser + movie about Dolly Levi The Matchmak__

Thanks. Yours is : Tire Own Pow + er = Tyrone Power. Well done, Edy.

This one's a little different.

Actor _______ Taylor Played The Xylophone In "You Can't Take It With You" Herb Alpert And The Tijuana Brass Had A Hit With "The Lonely __________" Holiday Song "Do ______ ________ What I See?" + In "Somebody Loves Me", Blossom Seeley Marries Benny __________

Mary Miles Minter - One of the most monogrammed actresses in Hollywood history.

Eddy And Macdonald Starred In "______time" He Played The German Ship's Captain In "The African Queen" "Cheers" Regular Who Also Frequented "The Hungry Heiffer" Ziggy Elman Hit "_____ The Angels Sing" To _____ Fro TV's Talking Horse, Mr. _____ Bowser Sang Bass For Sha Na _____ Judy Garland Voiced A Role In "Gay ______-ee" He Played Captain Tiger In "Pickup On South Street" + "The Naked Jungle" Was Based On The Classic Story "Leinengen Versus The _________"

It's about as simple as lana's first post in the thread, just a little longer. It's okay to do a little research. It makes us that much smarter.

Never ever hurts to learn...Mabel Normand and Edna Purviance....I learned they're old! and maybe I'll like Pick Up on South Street.

Reality TV show from way back Candid ____a film vacation spot __ Golden Pond a baseball player's glove is also called his ____ + '37 Astaire/Rogers film ____ We Dance?

Mabel Normand and Edna Purviance were the two leading ladies that Charlie Chaplin worked with the most. He met Mabel when he worked for Mack Sennett at Keystone Studios around 1913 and 1914. He moved on to Essanay in Chicago in 1915 and worked with Edna. He brought her to Hollywood when he returned to do twelve films for Mutual in 1917 and 1918. On the TCM homepage, you will see a picture of Chaplin and a young pretty woman from a film called "The Immigrant". That young woman is Edna Purviance.

My job is to educate as well as entertain.

The new one is *Cameron Mitchell*.. .

Now try this.

Theme From "Mondo Cane" Star Of "Sweet Home, Alabama" Johnny Paycheck Sang "Take This Job And _________ It" Joan Van Ark's Role In "Knots Landing" Peter O'Toole Starred In "My Favorite _________"

Oh yeah, that...Uh,

Cricket employed as a conscience - iny, The Bell ___ porous strainer cloth.

he tells actors what to do...

Jim Jarmusch

Gene Barry Starred In A TV Series Called "Burke's ________" She Played Loretta In "Car Wash" Old Song "_______ Sut Ralston On The Rillerah" + There Was A Boxer Known As "Two _______" Tony Galento

That is Busby Berkeley. Good clues

Mine is: Cartoon character Moon ____ins windmill & tulip country's old name ______ 2011 film Ryan Gosling _____

Mulholland Drive

_____dora Goes Wild on the Ile de France, you may have gotten mal de _____ Little Engine mantra: I think _____ _____ Ray Charles song "What'd _____ _____?" The ankle bone connected to the _____ bone Merton _____ the Movies Miss Dickinson of Amherst.

*The Americanization Of Emily*

Norma Shearer Starred In "________ Interlude" Taylor And Burton Starred In "Divorce His, Divorce _______" "_______ ______ Clear Day You Can See Forever" + Early Edison Film "The Great ___________ Robbery"

*The Man With The Golden Gun*

Professor Harold Hill's Hometown Bud's Partner Author Of "Swiss Family Robinson" Freebie ______ ______ Bean Daryl Hannah Starred In "At ______ In The Fields Of The Lord" + Rodgers And Hart Show "The ________ From Syracuse"