Sign in to follow this  
loveoldmovies04

why I love old movies oh so darn much

28 posts in this topic

I'm with you completely "Grayson." I too find an "odd sort of comfort" in old movies as well. I'm in my late 30's and have really only been an old movie "buff" for about 5 years but I have really enjoyed the growing passion I have for my "new hobby." I was born WAY too late!

Great to read all these posts. And how familiar, many of your thoughts. I'm in my 40s now but I've loved and lived with classic movies since I was just a little kid. "Walking anachronism", as someone said here, is a perfect description. Gave up long ago trying to figure out why I'm more at home in the 30s and 40s, a time I never saw, than I ever will be in the 21st century.... I have websites on quite a few classic stars - my contribution to keeping their wonderful work alive - and always find it gratifying when I read an enthusiastic entry in a Guestbook from someone in his/her teens or 20s, or who at any age has just discovered a certain star or film. It means that the torch will be carried on. And yes, what WOULD we do without TCM?? It's the "default" channel here - hardly ever is the TV tuned to anything else.

I love films from the silent era all the way to modern day.

I LOVE old movies I also love a lot of different genres & era's, well I love film period. I also love to watch the movie award shows.I love to find out info about classic or modern movie by: Surfing the net, listening, watching, & reading interviews, Reading books on the subject, Commentaries on DVD , Behind the scenes shows, Trailers, Biography shows, My friends & family,& also Reading interesting facts about the movie.So I love old films to DEATH!I thank god for TCM! I LOVE that channel!So I watch it everyday & for hours on end.Classic films are just so beautiful!

I love this quote: I think film is the best medium there is on the face of the earth, because it combines all arts into one.-Brad Bird

I'm 16 by the way!