Sign in to follow this  
Randy_D

Priscilla Lane Birthday Marathon

35 posts in this topic

After all, the "iconic stars" couldn't appear in EVERY film

Especially at that point in time when so many had gone off to war, so the ones who were left had better pickings than ever. It could have been worse - it was Universal and just might have been cast with Robert Paige and Diana Barrymore.

Darn it, did Possessed get any better? I had to leave, I was getting bilious.

I wasn't buying Crawford as a clutching dame anymore than I could have bought Ball. I think they were both too tall. :)

Thanks again for the day of Priscilla. I couldn't stick around for the second Wayne Morris vehicle, after the hilarity of Lane getting whacked in the eye and smacked on the bottom, but I'm betting she happily gave up her career to make a lovely frilly home for him. Nonetheless, It was a very interesting day of her films.

According to RO, POSSESSED (1947) may have been Crawford's greatest performance. It was certainly one of her most over-the-top.

I thought the marathon was wonderful. There is something so sweet and engaging about Priscilla Lane. I grew up loving "Arsenic and Old Lace" and the daughter movies.

> {quote:title=clore wrote:

> }{quote}Saboteur...It could have been worse - it was Universal and just might have been cast with Robert Paige and Diana Barrymore.

Hey, I might have liked that!

I'm a big fan of Diana Barrymore (and she did prove herself in her dramatic role in NIGHTMARE, 1942). Big fan of Robert Paige too, who could handle any kind of role.

Oh, I did too. I'm just not a big fan of violence against women.

There will be those, however, who will say it's like blacks tap dancing on cue in old movies, so I'll just continue to turn the channel.

I loved Arsenic and Old Lace!

But Joan wasnt tall! She was quite short. (she made up for it in other ways.........)

Another mini-marathon coming up on August 5! TCM is airing a tribute to Claude Rains and part of that tribute will be Four Daughters, Four Wives and Four Mothers. :)

Priscilla Lane Fan Club