Sign in to follow this  
seiche

Trivia game

1,523 posts in this topic

On 1/5/2018 at 1:40 PM, Terrence1 said:

In this movie, a husband affectionately calls his wife "Chickie-Pan".  Name the movie.

I will need another clue for this one. Google does not recognize that horrible term of "endearment".

I am going to guess Bandwagon as the movie with Oscar Levant calling Nanette Fabray "Chickie-Pie".

2 hours ago, Terrence1 said:

Hint:  This originally was a Broadway musical.

Ha. Not much of a hint. I think you have permanent ownership of this thread:)

OK.  Here are a couple more hints.  The husband and wife in question were the top-billed stars.  The actor played the same role on Broadway.  This was his first movie.  The actress was one of the most popular musical stars at the studio.

Now this sounds like Howard Keel and Betty Hutton in Annie Get Your Gun, although he did make a movie in Britain before that (non singing). I do not remember his calling her that, but I hope she gave him the business end of her shotgun.

OK.  Here are a couple more hints.  The husband and wife in question were the top-billed stars.  The actor played the same role on Broadway.  This was his first movie.  The actress was one of the most popular musical stars at the studio.

Now this sounds like Howard Keel and Betty Hutton in Annie Get Your Gun, although he did make a movie in Britain before that (non singing). I do not remember his calling her that, but I hope she gave him the business end of her shotgun.

Well, Thenryb,  no one would accuse you of not trying.  I can't remember--were Keel and Hutton married in this movie?  Anyway, not the answer I'm looking for.  Let's try another clue:  This was not the only hit Broadway musical by this composer.  The lead actress was nominated for an Oscar for this.

Well, Thenryb,  no one would accuse you of not trying.  I can't remember--were Keel and Hutton married in this movie?  Anyway, not the answer I'm looking for.  Let's try another clue:  This was not the only hit Broadway musical by this composer.  The lead actress was nominated for an Oscar for this.

I think they did end up getting married. Anyway, I am done with this question. Since I do not actually remember, I have to rely on internet searches and your clues including the latest one lack adequate keywords to enable me to narrow it sufficiently. (Actress nominated for Oscar????; composer with more than one hit Broadway musical????) I think it will take someone who loves musicals so much that they even watch movies like Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.

• Haha 1

Terrence, I just remembered that you once used the name "Chickie-Pan" as an answer on the "First Film That Comes to Mind" thread.   It was from The Unsinkable Molly Brown.  Debbie Reynolds' character was nicknamed "Chickie-Pan".

(I haven't seen that film in a while, so I had forgotten about the nickname.)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Azure said:

Terrence, I just remembered that you once used the name "Chickie-Pan" as an answer on the "First Film That Comes to Mind" thread.   It was from The Unsinkable Molly Brown.  Debbie Reynolds' character was nicknamed "Chickie-Pan".

LOL. I could have answered this question by just using the search function in this forum. Live and learn. I would never have "remembered" it since I have never been able to watch that film all the way through.

• Like 1

Thenryb, if you didn't know that Terrence had used this answer before, then the search function would have been useless.  Just to clarify, I only said that I remembered that Terrence had used the answer before.  I didn't remember which movie it was, so I did have to look it up.  As I said earlier, I haven't seen this movie in a while, so I had forgotton about the nickname.

17 minutes ago, Azure said:

Thenryb, if you didn't know that Terrence had used this answer before, then the search function would have been useless.  Just to clarify, I only said that I remembered that Terrence had used the answer before.  I didn't remember which movie it was, so I did have to look it up.  As I said earlier, I haven't seen this movie in a while, so I had forgotton about the nickname.

Yes. I know that. My comment was facetious but there are no emoticons for that.

Well, we finally have an answer.  Sorry it took so many responses.  It's such an unusual nickname that I thought it would stick in people's minds.  I was wrong again.

Azure, it's all yours.

On 1/11/2018 at 6:50 PM, Thenryb said:

Yes. I know that. My comment was facetious but there are no emoticons for that.

Really?  

;):P:D:lol:^_^

On 1/12/2018 at 12:36 PM, Terrence1 said:

Well, we finally have an answer.  Sorry it took so many responses.  It's such an unusual nickname that I thought it would stick in people's minds.  I was wrong again.

Sorry, Terrence, but there are nicknames in other films that are much more unusual and memorable than Chickie-Pan.