EugeniaH

Favorite film soundtracks or film songs

429 posts in this topic

Judy Garland in The Harvey Girls. The Atchison, Topeka and the Santa Fe w/ Cyd Charisse!

• Like 3

I have always loved the soundtrack to The Rocky Horror Picture Show (1975). I have the British version done on stage in the early 70s but I have yet to buy the actual American version that covers the exact recordings from the movie.

Another one is the soundtrack to Grease, which I own.

I also liked the Moulin Rouge soundtrack by that Baz guy (I want to say his last name is Luhrmann...) the 2001 version featuring Ewan McGregor, Nicole Kidman, John Leguziamo (please excuse my "creative" spelling attempts)--that whole soundtrack is wonderful. I've seen McGregor sing in Velvet Goldmine (1998) but he really exercises his lovely singing voice in this film.

I also think the Easy Rider soundtrack though I don't own it, is a great late '60s show case.

Another major movie soundtrack I own which I love is the album featuring the songs from Hair the 1969 (?) musical, the cast album featuring a very young Diane Keaton in the "(I Love) Black Boys" number. Not sure if that's even the proper title lol...

• Like 1

Favorites I can think of off the top of my head.

Soundtracks from

The Graduate

The Godfather

The Passion of Joan of Arc (Richard Einhorn, Voices of Light)

Dr Zhivago

Fiddler on the Roof

Hair

Jesus Christ Superstar

Pink Floyds The Wall

and of course from one of the best movies, and one of the best composers (IMHO)

The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly, Ennio Morricone

Well...+did+you+evah%3F.jpg

Well Did You Evah? from High Society sung by the immortal Frank Sinatra and Bing Crosby.

This song plays at the end of the film.

The Classic, "Echoes of Love" from "Godzilla vs.Space Godzilla"

For some reason, I've always really liked the main instrumental theme song to "Driving Miss Daisy." It makes me feel happy. 

Song of Bernadette Soundtrack makes me feel inspired. The entire film is outstanding, in my opinion.

I have other soundtrack favorites.

In the 1951 film "Half Angel", Loretta Young sings Castles in the Sand beautifully.

In the 1934 Barretts of Wimpole Street I like the song "Wilt Thou Have My Hand?" by Norma Shearer.

Sometimes we watch a film to hear the soundtrack. I do like to do this now and then. The marvelous film Odd Man Out has a wonderful soundtrack running through it.