EugeniaH

Favorite film soundtracks or film songs

429 posts in this topic

Erich Wolfgang Korngold's Academy Award-winning score for Anthony Adverse is my favorite score:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtBfBlJMSt0

The excellent book, American Film Music by Darby and Du Bois, provides a full analysis of the score, calling it "highly complex for Hollywood."

I've always liked the James Bond soundtracks. And John Williams' soundtracks for the Harry Potter movies, especially The Prisoner of Azkaban.

I really liked the AZKABAN score because of the song based on the "Double Bubble Toil & Trouble" bit from Hamlet. That song MADE the movie.

Here's ya a couple of themes which I think would put anyone in the mood to watch a Swashbuckler...

This one from the great Max Steiner...

-and-

This one from the equally great Miklos Rozsa...

Casablanca, I had just heard that Morricone score for *Cinema Paradiso* on the radio just a couple of days ago! BEAUTIFUL score!

Sepiatone

Elena's theme is just sublime, and so romantic. I want to listen to it while it is a rainy day outside and I am cuddling in a man's arms.

I found this soundtrack on iTunes and it is Hugo Friedhofer's Masterpiece in Film Scoring.

[The Best Years of Our Lives|http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MjTDzQLOQg]

The wonderful Homecoming sequence..

THE MASK OF ZORRO:

Jake in the Heartland

Note: Eugenia, you might want to ask our moderator to move this to the favorites section?

I know this may sound obscure, but my favorite song from any classic movie (or any movie for that matter) has always been "Angel in Disguise" from It All Came True, starring Bogie and Ann Sheridan. The song seems to be always stuck in my head! I've looked all over for the sheet music cause I would love to play it on the piano.