Sign in to follow this  
princessananka

The Amazing Spiderman

5 posts in this topic

I totally hate the endless remakes, sequels, reboots, prequels to dried up movie franchises and I thought SPIDERMAN was FINALLY finished several years ago.

Still, I must admit to totally enjoying THE AMAZING SPIDERMAN--because its got a dyamic new Peter Potter, Andrew Garfield, who resembles amazingly Tony Perkins--but in a very positive way. He's wonderfully expressive, charismatic which is something Toby McGuire never was. And--there's that magical costar of Emma Stone. Those two together make this as much a dramatic movie as a great popcorn muncher.

And oh, yes, that Lizard Monster Doctor is really something else! I could see some studio making a horror film just around this particular mad scientist. It'd be fun to see George Zucco or Lionel Atwill have a chance at playing him.

The 3-D really enhanced this viewing for me. And now, get prepared for Part I, II, III, IV, etc.

I agree that endlessly rewriting the origin story is ridiculous, but I still think the film is the best Spiderman yet. It had lots of character development, was very human at the heart, and showed Peter Parker more as I remembered him from the comic books. And, yes, the lizard CGI was very good.

I was surprisingly pleased- ( Spiderman is my favorite Marvel character) they tweaked the story enough that it did not seem like a re-hash of the Raimi version.

I didnt think re doing the origin was necessary and I thought there was a bit less fun in the New verison...Spidey seemed to enjoy himself more in the Raimi films...still, I am getting pretty excited about the new film though!