Sign in to follow this  
spencerl964

WHO ELSE SAVES ALL "Now Playing" Guides?

5 posts in this topic

This is something I touched-on saeveral times

& have saved each & every TCM "Now Playing" Guide-(have about 43 to date)

I have not gotten it for a few months, due to OSCAR season,etc But will again very soon

& to Holly-(WHERE ARE YOU KIDDO?) & ML as well, I know they get it, but how many others have saved all of them?

They are not only superb mags. but an excellent reference point-(like certain stars that they have as yet to cover: Alan Ladd/ *Lionel & John Barrymore/ Hedy Lamarr/ Laurel & Hardy/ *Marie Dressler/ Abbott & Costello/ 3 Stooges/ Pat 0'Brien/ & as I cited on another post. Even 3 time OSCAR winner: Walter Brennan. Plus, there are a few others-(TRIVIA: All-Time champs for most film appearances: *Donald Crisp & Ward Bond-(some records indicate both performers worked in over 400 pictures. Particularly *Crisp-(given he was in silent era)

Thanx & please chime in

There is certainly nothing wrong with saving them, but as for me I just collect too much movie related stuff now as it is. If I started saving anything else, I think my wife would divorce me. Seriously, if you enjoy saving them and find them helpful then go for it.

I've been subscribing to the TCM guide for three years, but am personally not all that interested in keeping any of them. I stated in an earlier post that usually, upon arrival, I will go through the guide and circle anything I even remotely want to see. Naturally, I don't get around to seeing everything I've marked, but I try to tape some of it. The TCM guide is truly indispensable throughout the month, but once that month is over, I have no problem discarding it. As long as it has reminded me to watch or tape certain films, then the guide has been more than useful.

Does anyone have an extra copy or anything of the April 2005 TCM guide (or even just the front cover)? Unfortunately I didn't renew my subscription in time and missed this issue :-( I would really love to have a copy of the cover picture of Errol Flynn as it is gorgeous! (And it is a family source of amusement that my grandfather used to look like Errol Flynn when he was young). I will pay postage costs--- please email me: LotusFlower1922@hotmail.com Thanks!!!

peace is the word

bunny (the needy classic films fan . . . ) :-D