Sign in to follow this  
moviejoe79

Thank You TCM for the Comedy Festival !

8 posts in this topic

I'm starting this thread to THANK TCM for the incredible job they've done with the April schedule.

I'm completely thrilled with the salute to comedy that they are doing. I'm especially glad to see so many Laurel and Hardy films being shown. A long time ago we had asked tcmprogrammer if he could get some of their films, and he (along with everyone else at the station) came through!

And it's also nice to see so many Fatty Arbuckle and Charley Chase films included. TCM is really giving us the HISTORY of film comedy with this festival.

Thanks guys!

Thrilled here also. I've been waiting for Way Out West for a long time. And I'm particularly looking forward to Eddie Cantor on the 18th and Wheeler and Woolsey on the 22nd.

Incidentally, Now Playing makes two mistakes with the two Danny Kaye flicks. It gives the wrong year for "The Secret Life of Walter Mitty" and lists "Imitation General" when I assume it will be "Inspector General".

Thanks

I would like to add my THANK YOU for April's programming.

Theres so much to watch. I have also been waiting so long for some Eddie Cantor films! And then theres Harold Lloyd, Abbott & Costello, Fatty Arbuckle.....so much more I cant remember. THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!

I hope we get a lot of April showers so I have an extra excuse to watch TCM!

Normally I know the whole schedule a month in advance, but I've been busy and just saw the ad for the Laurel and Hardy festival, which is great.

You also really don't ever see films by Charley Chase, and my grandmother loves him so I think it is great.

Thanks TCM!

I also want to thank TCM for April! Aside from Charley Chase and Fatty Arbuckle, I'm really looking forward to the Lee Tracy comedies being shown. I just bought my 10 pack of blank tapes and am ready!

What a day it's been on TCM! I'm thrilled with these great Laurel and Hardy films. It brings me back to when I was a kid, and I'd watch their shorts on cable, TBN I think? And I remember AMC having a festival of their films, back in their glory days.

I had to work today, but luckily I got "Pack Up Your Troubles" and "Fra Diavolo" on tape before I left for work. And later on tonight "Pardon Us" and "Blotto" are on - two of their BEST. In fact, I think "Pardon Us" was their first feature length film, made in 1931.

Thanks again TCM, and I hope their films will continue to be shown.

What better way to celebrate April Fools!

Thank you, thank you, TCM for showing these hilarious movies. My mom and I recorded every single Laurel & Hardy program. Being a big silent movie fan, I recorded Harold Lloyd, and i'm looking forward to watching Charlie Chaplin and Buster Keaton.

I can't wait to watch the Marx Brothers, Abbot and Costello, and all the other comedians! Thanks again, TCM!