2. Dirty Harry

3.Unforgiven

4. Bronco Billy

5.High Plains Drifter

6. Any Which Way You Can

7. Pale Rider

8. Heartbreak Ridge

9. Escape From Alcatraz

10. All of the Italian Spaghetti Westerns.

And he's great in Play Misty for me.

Jake in the Heartland

1. The Good, The Bad and the Ugly

2. Dirty Harry

3. The Beguiled

4. The Outlaw Josie Wales

5. Unforgiven

6. High Plains Drifter

7. Escape From Alcatraz

8. Gran Torino

9. **** Tonk Man

10. Play Misty For Me

:) Thank you both for listing *Play Misty for Me* and *The Beguiled.* They gave him a chance to play complex characters who are a mix of good and bad especially in *The Beguiled* where he comes off as a randy opportunist who will use the women anyway he can to get what he wants. You really aren't sorry when he gets his.

In *Misty* he's more sympathetic even if he should have known better than get mixed up with Evelyn. This was his first time as a director and he passed 101 big time. That jazzy theme was great too as well as Roberta Flack's "The First Time". The man is versatile if nothing else.

This is a story about Clint Eastwood - I wanted to share.

For 30 years we have been friends with a guy who is a big fan of Clint Eastwood's. Our friend was going to California for a vacation several years ago and made sure that he stopped by Clint Eastwood's restaurant. When he arrived he talked to the various people who worked there and they said that Clint Eastwood was expected to come by the restaurant a bit later that night. So my friend told eveyone he talked to that he would like to see Clint Eastwood. And don't you know it. As my friend was finishing his meal - Clint Eastwood came up to him and said that he didn't want to miss the chance to meet one of his fans. And spoke to my friend for about 5 minutes.

We have enjoyed hearing that story over and over again. I think because it made our friend so happy to relive it. It is fun to listen to it - no matter how many times you hear it. Because it makes you smile again and again.

That is my favorite Clint Eastwood film, reliving that moment over again in my mind.

Can't think of a list off the top of my head, but he's probably my favorite actor who didn't make a name for himself until after the demise of the studio system.

Hi MaryLyn2,

Wow, you have jogged my memory. I went on a sales convention for producers back in the 80's and our hotel was in Carmel. I miss the 80's. More personal before the geeks took over.

*Beautiful California*, without a doubt, has some breathtaking places where people live. And good for them! I'm glad I got to experience it.

Anyway, I went to the Hog's Breath Inn, in Carmel, once owned by Clint and had a wonderful time with other revelers. Loved it but never saw or met Clint.

Thanks for your post.

4048764275_06e0d16f5e.jpg

5443858662_e18520a9ef.jpg

Jake

> {quote:title=wouldbestar wrote:}{quote}:) Thank you both for listing *Play Misty for Me* and *The Beguiled.* They gave him a chance to play complex characters who are a mix of good and bad especially in *The Beguiled* where he comes off as a randy opportunist who will use the women anyway he can to get what he wants. You really aren't sorry when he gets his.

>

> In *Misty* he's more sympathetic even if he should have known better than get mixed up with Evelyn. This was his first time as a director and he passed 101 big time. That jazzy theme was great too as well as Roberta Flack's "The First Time". The man is versatile if nothing else.

In The Beguiled, I know what you mean! When he messed with the little girl's pet, that was the last straw, lol! And it's interesting to note that Play Misty For Me is often considered as a forerunner to Fatal Attraction.

I like about 3/4 of :"Josey Wales." It's about twenty minutes too long for me.

I'll add to the list -

*In The Line of Fire* and *Where Eagles Dare*.

Of Clint's recent films, I would list "Trouble with the Curve" and "In the Line of Fire" as some of his better performances and "Unforgiven" as one of his best.

Clint is a lot like Sean Connery in that he makes great choices.  Almost all of their films are very good and enjoyable.

• Like 1

In my household, we grew up with the following stars: Lee Marvin, Charles Bronson, Yul Brynner, Lee Van Cleef, Ernest Borgnine, Clint Eastwood, Sean Connery, Steve McQueen, James Coburn, James Garner, Gene Hackman, Roy Scheider, Robert Shaw, Bruce Lee, Tom Laughlin, Woody Strode.

Without looking at anyone else's Eastwood picks, I would name the following as my (personal) top ten in descending order. I might add one or two more, if given the room. I dig seeing him spray German soldiers with endless bursts of submachine gun fire in 'Where Eagles Dare' but it's eh, no worry. On the back end, none of his modern films make any impression on me.

1. The Outlaw Josey Wales
  2. The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
  3. Dirty Harry
  4. High Plains Drifter
  5. Kelly's Heroes
  6. The Eiger Sanction
  7. Joe Kidd
  8. Thunderbolt & Lightfoot
  9. Every Which Way But Loose
  10. Escape from Alcatraz