Sign in to follow this  
vecchiolarry

Larry's Classic Star Reminiscences

606 posts in this topic

Excuse me if my post angered you Larry,

My intention was only to try to politely explain what's was going on and shed a light on the matter so that the poster would address the proper instance (TCM Web). I did not want to disrupt your thread. I do not post regularly here anymore either and receiving 320 mails was not a big deal for me; I only had to erase them all and stop "watching" that particular thread ;)

Now, back to topic I would have loved to see the 1948 "An Ideal Husband"; it sounds good. I only have seen the Rupert Everett-Julianne Moore version.

BTW, talking of British pictures, Larry, have you ever seen "Madonna of the 7 Moons". It was a favorite of my grandmother. Did you ever meet Phyllis Calvert or Patricia Roc?

Excuse me if my post angered you Larry,

My intention was only to try to politely explain what's was going on and shed a light on the matter so that the poster would address the proper instance (TCM Web). I did not want to disrupt your thread. I do not post regularly here anymore either and receiving 320 mails was not a big deal for me; I only had to erase them all and stop "watching" that particular thread ;)

Now, back to topic I would have loved to see the 1948 "An Ideal Husband"; it sounds good. I only have seen the Rupert Everett-Julianne Moore version.

BTW, talking of British pictures, Larry, have you ever seen "Madonna of the 7 Moons". It was a favorite of my grandmother. Did you ever meet Phyllis Calvert or Patricia Roc?

Hey Larry.....someone just told me Joe E. Brown was a heavy drinker and a big time gambler!

They said that the mob use to show up on the set and force him to sign over the check the studio paid him, for the movie he was filming, to settle some of his enormous debts to them.

They said he died poor and alone in the actors old age home in California!

Is there any credence to this story?.......if so it would break my heart as I am a big Joe E. Brown Fan!

Bartlett

Larry...never mind about Joe E. Brown...my jerk friend remembered it was Walter Matthau who was the heavy drinker and Compulsive Gambler.

Thank You anyway!

Bartlett

Wow!!

This is one important area here at TCM.

I have been reading all these things here for a month and I just got finished this interesting piece.

What happened to this guy? He seems to have gone now.

Also, he wrote about going to Russia. Wow, that was so awesome. To live like that and before in Hollywood.

He should write a book. And, he definitely sounds high class.

Can TCM get him to come on TV and talk about all those people back then?

That would be great...