Sign in to follow this  
Jezebelle

...For Turner Classic Movies

2 posts in this topic

Who would YOU choose as "Star of the Month"? and what would you say about that person if you got the same job Kelsey Grammer did for Bacall or Patricia Clarkson did for Bergman?

I would choose Audrey Hepburn and say:

The first time I saw Audrey Hepburn was in Breakfast at Tiffany's, I was 15 years old. I had recently gotten hooked on the Golden Age of Hollywood and was eager to expand my knowledge on the film stars of that time. I know Audrey Hepburn's career was towards the end of the Age but she still had something that made me turn my head, and want to see her in action. Audrey Hepburn preformed wonderfully in the film, taking a role as un-innocent as Holly Golightly and turning her into a naive girl who needs protection while giving you that sweet smile that you knew would come at a price. She had lots of different rolls, from mystery with Cary Grant, to romance with Gary Cooper, and she sparkled in all of them.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQn3HoX8BJ1yDaw2uZiqX6

Her career in Hollywood wasn't a long one, maybe 13 years before she semi-retired but good golly she left her mark. She had a knack for picking scripts that were turned into ageless movies that will withstand the test of time. She worked with huge stars who absolutely adored her and she could hold her own in any scene with them. For her first film here in America, *Roman Holiday* with Gregory Peck, her star quality shone through and she was nominated for best actress. Not to mention her style, which is still renowned today. Who could forget those enormous shades that her doe eyes would peer over? She was in a league all her own and (at least in fashion) far ahead of her time. Her beauty and class will always be considered at the height of fashion and she is an icon to many in that aspect. She could captivate entire audiances with her endearing charm, and I am grateful that she shared it with us.

For TURNER CLASSIC MOVIES,

I'm Diosa Ramos

Edited by: Jezebelle on Sep 12, 2012 6:17 PM

Edited by: Jezebelle on Sep 12, 2012 6:17 PM