Sign in to follow this  
jgs416

Sea Hawk??

5 posts in this topic

Hooray for TCM, for letting us Flynn fanatics indulge all month long. But, how can you have a Flynn festival without "The Sea Hawk"? Does anyone else find this odd? It's in TCM's library, or it was, it's been shown in the past. Just curious as to the reason for its omission here.

The new "Adventures of EF" docu is mahhhvelous - a real treat, very well done. Loved Olivia de H's contributions especially. Not that it was a surprise for those already familiar with Flynn's story, but still, so sad to see him at the end of his life. Hard to believe he was only 50 years old. Makes you want to immediately reassure yourself by seeing one of his films when he was in his prime...

but I seem to remember reading years ago in one of my books on Flynn, that the doctor who examined him after he died, said he had the body of a 75 year old man by then, it was so dissipated.

Sad, considering that he had looked to be so healthy originally. I think even that might have been a bit misleading. Seems to me he might have had earlier diseases in his youth, which left him less than as tip top as he appeared.

Malaria maybe or....? I just can't remember, shall have to consult my books.

Yes, I hope too that TCM shows "The Seahawk". It's a captivating film!

My guess is that they don't want to show all the movies that are included in the new box set so people will want to buy the set.

While we normally do have access to "The Sea Hawk," it's currently licensed out to one of the HBO networks, so it isn't available for us to play this month. We'd definitely play it if we had it. It comes back to us at the beginning of '06.