Sign in to follow this  
slappy3500

Totally Non -Offensive Post

7 posts in this topic

There is entirely TOO MUCH controversy on this site. No actor or actress is better than any other actor or actress. They are all equally WONDERFUL. No movie is better than another. They are all equally WONDERFUL. No film personality's off-screen antics should ever be discussed here. After all these shy, retiring, people have a right to their privacy. Besides, they are WONDERFUL people; all of whom are incapable of doing anything mean, cheap, or immoral.People having different opinions causes controversy, which is to be avoided at all costs. If everyone will just agree with me that everyone and everything is WONDERFUL, we can all stop posting here. Except to talk about NEW movies, as they are released, and agree that they too are WONDERFUL.

Slappy, what an offensive (wink) post! I wanted to read something juicy, trashy and controversial. I wanted to enjoy a thread that stood out with its irreverent humor and wry observations. Please try to rethink your position. I've always delighted in your observations. Now that you're going the Totally Non-Offensive Route, I don't know if I want to return to the TCM boards. Please say it ain't so!

diabetic, I am offended by so much sugary sentiment and equanimity in your post and am going into coma due to it!

Okay, I stole that line from Oscar Levant, who said it in reference to why he could not watch Doris Day movies. And I'm not really diabetic...

Did someone tell you that you were not allowed [or aloud] to give your opinion on who was a better actor, on which films were better, or on how we are not to talk about Errol Flynn and what he did to Maureen O'Hara the very first time he met her in public?

Well, don't look at me...I won't tell, my lips are sealed now, even though I heard her tell it on national televison herself! If Mo had been friends with the Duke then, he would have decked Mister In Like Flynn!

I agree with you that all of Hollywood and its environs of the past are wonderful, that Thomas Ince was not killed by William Randolph Hearst, that Mary Miles Minter did not kill William Desmond Taylor, that MGM did not cover up all Bing Crosby's affairs while married, and that Shirley Temple's age was fudged by two years to make her seem younger.

I promise to abide by these rules of tongue holding and if I do not have anything nice to say...well I'll just go talk to someone offline and say it.

my finger slipped.

I meant to type that I will not ever mention again that Mary Miles Minter's mother [what a mouthful!] killed William Desmond Taylor, due to being jealous of his attention to her daughter, since she wanted him herself.

Forget I just said that....it's not nice to speak of the dead.

You guys are hilarious. How's the tongue doing - getting kinda sore, cemented as it is? And how 'offensive' ;-) to leave us hanging about Flynn and O'Hara. But I guess it would've been too much for this particular thread? (Snicker snicker...)