Sign in to follow this  
metz44

WHO???

857 posts in this topic

Yes, that's Bessie. You may remember her from "The Broadway Melody". Now, here as an actor who became a director late in his career. Do you recognize him?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ5cL3fj3LxmljlpHMXvqaimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcSvlVqTCp91T_x9fiZYjkBimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ0nSdMRMlwalYqRMMBM7S

Yes, it's Richard Whorf. You may remeber him from "Blues In The Night" and "Yankee Doodle Dandy". Now, this one is a bit obscure.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcROdNKBMJUAAvVVyWekXJQimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcT8G_C2XfFm-d62fs5jJcWimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ6GdVXjDT4Qk5Zy3_Q5O-

He played a landlord on a popular sitcom.

That's Sid Fields, he was Abbott and Costello's landlord on the tv show. Hilary Brooke the neighbor

Loved that show, use to watch re-runs after school

That's right. He was the star of "The Naked City" and "Twelve O'Clock High", two TV shows based on movies. Now, do you know this actress?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSy3PZUHxGDQ5dMb7Yb8aeimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcT_XvYsfn89Noxkpfpfyv_images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTLgUfr8YXfHARp1909fpB

She was once in a TV series that was set in New York City.

I think I recognize her! Beatrice Pons.

She was a regular on the TV series "Car 54 Where Are You?" as Gunther Toody's wife. She had also been on the "Sergeant Bilko"/"Phil Silvers Show" before that.

You got her, MN. Now, here is an actor who played tough guys and cops. He was in a TV series that was set in NYC too. Do you know him?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQDp44SnLOAzEzvnSAkof3images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQKZ9VSmLruyO_IlVKC7VMimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcRPRIR0O1Dc6XFb7dInUxM

here is a superb actress..if you want see fine acting try the scene where she is interviewed by the "examiner:" in a classic WB film...guess the film title too?

o7u000.jpg

Metz, I'm still at work right now. I don't have time to go into details at this time. I'll send you a private message either later tonight or sometime tomorrow.

That's Isobel Elsom, and you're right, she is superb. She also must have been very beautiful in her youth, since she's lovely in the movie you refer to, "Between Two Worlds." I love that picture. I saw it again when it ran the other night.

Hi metz,

On TinyPic, right click over the photo itself - left click on

Copy image URL - come here and open a message post -

in the message screen right click and then left click on Paste

to put it into your message - Then add an exclamation mark

to each end before you finish.

Your last photo would've looked something like this :

(14wvz7o.jpg) without the parenthesis

Metz, I remember a long time ago you had asked about Private Messages (PM's). Look above to the right. You will see it says INBOX with ( ) in the ( ) are the number of messages you have. Click on where it says INBOX and there are messages from other posters. Miles sent you instructions for posting photos. I hope that helps.

Edited by: lavenderblue19 on Jul 31, 2013 5:40 AM