Sign in to follow this  
bhryun

YOUR FAVORITE BLOND ACTRESS OUT OF...

87 posts in this topic

Grace Kelly, Kim Novak, Lana Turner. Grace beauty and elegance, Kim beauty and sex appeal, Lana earlier version of Kim. Many other, but what seperates these three is that they could act.

Not sure if Jean Arthur was a blond. If so, must be included. Great charm and acting ability. Just loved her in Shane.

Of the original ones listed I would go with Grace Kelly. But my two favorite are Jean Harlow and Carole Lombard.

Wasn't Clara Bow a redhead? I always thought the Blonde Bombshell phrase was coined for Harlow.

I should never be allowed to see another Doris Day film. I cannot believe I forgot about my all time favorite!

D'OH! I was wrong. Clara Bow was a redhead all along. I meant Jean Harlow. Silly me.

Ginger Rogers and Joan Blondell!

My neice, Blythe, looks a lot like Ginger. I need to make her get into acting. Lol.

*Gasp* How could I forget?? Jean Arthur! She's like my favorite classic actress ever!

Tonight, it's Jacqueline White because I picked up the Film Noir 2 set the other day and forgot (shame on me) all about her until I watched Crossfire again and The Narrow Margin, which I've never seen. It's a shame she stopped making films after The Narrow Margin. What a beautiful woman.

I've always loved June Vincent. She was a B-Picture babe and villain during the 1940s. In the 50s and 60s she played in various TV dramas (most notably a few stints with Raymond Burr on his Perry Mason series).

Other blonds I like are Dorothy Malone and Veda Ann Borg.

She has already been mentioned but Carole Lombard is one of my favorites. I watched Nothing Sacred, and the best part was seeing her in color. every time she on the screen you can't help but think how beautiful she was.

Without a doubt, the all-time greatest blonde was JEAN HARLOW !!!!!!!!!!!

LANA TURNER runs an extremely close second, and BETTY GRABLE a super close third.

I always thought of Lauren Bacall as a brownette, not a blonde, but if I had to pick the greatest ladies bearing other hues, they would be:

Redhead: RITA HAYWORTH (a no-brainer)

Brunette: JANE RUSSELL (just because she has the all-time greatest female figure!)

Brownette: CLAUDETTE COLBERT (ahh, what class ...)

The weirdest thing of all: For a man to be attractive to me, he has to have dark hair. Fair-haired men freak me out (and I live in San Diego, so I'm freaked out all of the time ...).

Grace Kelly is my favorite non-musical actress and she is just so beautiful!

Ginger Rodgers takes second since I love the Astaire/Rodgers movies.