Sign in to follow this  
bhryun

YOUR FAVORITE BLOND ACTRESS OUT OF...

87 posts in this topic

Barbara Stanwyck in Double Indemnity, straight down the line. Otherwise, Ginger Rogers. Joanne Woodward made a pretty good bombshell in From the Terrace.

And all the other usual suspects. Bette Davis, Garbo, Harlow. Maybe a better question would be, which isn't my favorite.

How could ever forget Barbara in " Double Indemnity ", and Ginger.Barbara's performance in " Double..." is not only great in its evilness, but also for its sex appeal. No wonder that old Fred fell head over heels.

i also love marilyn, and also diana dors she was very curvy and was the marilyn of britain. there wasn't an unattractive woman in those days if you ask me.blonde or any color, women just took excellent care of themselves. they were healthy and clean and above all always feminine. gotta love the glamour. the women of india and old hollywood are the most lushishly adorned women i've ever seen. pure female.

1. Lana Turner

2. mae west

3. veronica lake

4. dolores moran

5. joan fontaine

6. diana dors

7. adele jergens

8. marilyn monroe

9. moira lister

10. marlene dietrich

11. betty grable

12. claire trevor

13. virginia mayo

14. constance bennett

15. hillary brooke

16. lizabeth scott

17. belita

18. ann sothern

19. mamie van doren

20. miriam hopkins

Where would those other blondes from the 1940's & 50's be without Jean? Hell, nearly all of them have sited her as their idol and/or main influence. Marilyn practically worshipped Jean, and Mamie Van Doren said she wore white quite often out of dedication to Jean. Let's not forget contemporary stars like Gwen Stefani and Christina Aguilera who have all sited Jean as one of their main fashion influences. Stefani actually admitted that she has a huge Hurrell photo of Jean in her Los Feliz home and that she loves it whenever a journalist mistakes her for Jean!?

...none of this is bad for a lady who's been gone 70 years.

my 3 favorite euro-babes...

I. Bergman/G. Garbo/M. Dietrich

my 4 favorite american babes...

B. Davis/M. West/B. Grable/D. Day

Revised list: Harlow, Jean Arthur, Dietrich, Davis, Ginger Rogers, and Stanwyck when she played a blonde (Baby Face, Stella Dallas, and Double Indemnity).

Lauren Bacall, hands down, is my favorite! I also love Grace Kelly, Jean Arthur, Barbara Stanwyck, and lots of other great actresses that I'll think of later.