Sign in to follow this  
bhryun

Your favorite brunette actress?

73 posts in this topic

I'll have to say...

Audrey Hepburn

Genevieve Bujold

Hedy Lamarr

Cathy on Wuthering Heights (I've forgotten her name)

and...

(you guys fill up the list)

My favorite brunette actresses are Loretta Young, Katharine Hepburn, Kathryn Grayson, Ava Gardner, Audrey Hepburn, Patricia Neal, Teresa Wright, Laraine Day and Myrna Loy.

It doesn't get any better than that.

Holly , Merle Oberon plays Cathy on Wuthering Heights. My fave brunette actress would be Bette Davis. She dyed her hair a lot, blonde and brunette, but I mainly think she was brunette. Love her always no matter what her hair color!

Well since Audrey is my favorite ever I have to go with her. I also love Cyd Charise a lot.

Everybody is always saying how much they "love" Olivia de Havilland but then they forget to include her when it comes to posts like this. She won a lot of hearts with CAPTAIN BLOOD and ROBIN HOOD, not to mention loads of other films.

Anyway, my personal favorite brunette is Olivia de Havilland. Seems like she's getting a lot of extra mention these days what with the Flynn celebration going on!

Neil

How could you have a list of the best brunettes and not have Lauren Bacall? She's my fav brunette...and when she's with Bogie she's at her best.

Audrey Hepburn

Paulette Goddard

Myrna Loy

Rosalind Russell

Vivian Leigh

In addition to their acting ability and brunette great looks, their voices each had a very distinctive quality that was very appealing, especially Hepburn and Goddard.

I love Natalie Wood, Paulette Goddard, Ann Miller, and, though I've only seen her in one film (Alfred Hitchcock's "The Lady Vanishes"), Margaret Lockwood.

Irene Dunne

Vivien Leigh

Myrna Loy

Katharine Hepburn

Ginger Rogers (in the movies that she was brunette)

Audrey Hepburn

and many others that I cannot think of right now......

i could be wrong, but wasn't katharine hepburn a redhead? i mean i love her, but i'm almost positive she was naturally a redhead.

but as to brunettes, my favorites would have to be Audrey Hepburn, Natalie Wood, Cyd Charisse, and Ann Miller.

yeah, Melissameaghan, Hepburn was a redhead. But it was more a brownish red than like a carrot top or real auburn, and looked more brown than red even in her color films. IMO, anyway.