Sign in to follow this  
bhryun

Your favorite brunette actress?

73 posts in this topic

Virginia O'Brien is my all time favorit but she isn't well known.

Ava Gardner (The most beautiful creature aver).

Myrna Loy, but I thought she was a red head.

Wheb I saw your screen name, deadpandiva, I wondered what that meant but then saw all your posts on Virginia O'Brien and I got it. She was pretty hilarious with her dead pan singing. I saw her in a short one time on TCM (with Freddy Martin's band) and she was smiling. It was strange after seeing her movie persona.

One day I'll have to ask you how you cam to be a fan of Virginia's. I adore her and used to collect anything I could find on her. I am overjoyed that there are more Virginia fans here. I always thought she was beautiful and unique looking as well.

Joan Bennett(not as a blonde),Dorothy Malone(The BIG Sleep-NOT as a blonde)Linda Darnell.

Raven hair and fair skin always did it for me. I know she's become something of a, well let's say subculture icon, but I'll take Liz Taylor. Find an unflattering shot of her, if you can, before "Virginia Woolf" of course.

P.S. It's hard to ignore Saint Barbara.

Message was edited by:

LuckyDan

Hedy Lamarr,certainly. And the silent actress Olive Thomas-she was darling,with her dimpled chin and beautiful glossy dark sausage curls. Dolores Del Rio. Would Norma Shearer be considered a brunette? She had chestnut hair. If so,she's my top pick. You just don't see classical profiles like that anymore.

Mine is Norma Shearer...Here is a fact, most actress from the 20 's and 30's where Burn...this color was pickup best by the black and white film....

Hmm - this one's not quite as easy as the "favorite blonde" question... I have a soft-spot for beautiful brunettes because I'm a brunette and I look up to beautiful women...

I'd have to say Audrey Hepburn and Natalie Wood... though I know there are many, many more...