Sign in to follow this  
bhryun

Your favorite brunette actress?

73 posts in this topic

> Katharine Hepburn,Joan Crawford,Bette Davis

Katharine Hepburn?

Wobbly redhead with freckles??? THAT Katharine Hepburn????

Are you all sure you don't mean AUDREY Hepburn?

My favorite brunette is Dorothy Lamour. Beautiful girl, sweet lady, totally endearing.

My runnersup are the bewitching Vivien Leigh and the astonishingly talented Claudette Colbert.

My favorite brunette actress of all time is Loretta Young. She had elegance and style. I also liked Jane Wyman. Of the younger crop of stars, I think Catherine Zeta-Jones is absolutely gorgeous. I am looking forward to her next film.

Barbara Stanwyck--me too. Although I think I remember reading that she was really an auburn redhead. The red in her hair wouldn't have shown up in black and white, and by the time she did Technicolor films her hair was gray. Once she started going gray she didn't dye it.

Not that I am making fun of Ginger Rogers. On the contrary, I *adore* The Ginger.

Favorite brunette-Ginger movies: *Tom, Dick, & Harry*, *Kitty Foyle*.

Favorite blonde-Ginger movies: *Top Hat*, *Swing Time*, *Stage Door*, *Monkey Business*, and even that silly bit of 50's fluff, *Teenage Rebel*.

I?d watch any Ginger Rogers movie even if she had purple hair.

Message was edited by:

pintorini

Oops, I see my wisecrack about Ginger Rogers was pre-empted--should have read down. So I better think of someone original. Uh ... Judith Anderson? (*snarkle*)

I suppose Garbo doesn't count because she was really a blonde, though it's virtually impossible to tell in B&W.

My favorite brunettes (including auburn/redheads who photographed brunette):

Ava Gardner

Vivien Leigh

Gene Tierney

Hedy Lamarr

Maureen O'Sullivan

Audrey Hepburn

Ella Raines

Sophia Loren

Myrna Loy

Merle Oberon

Anne Blythe

Gail Russell

I'm a blonde but I always have thought brunettes were the loveliest creatures in the movies. Ravishing all!

Hedy Lamarr was hand-down the most beautiful woman to ever be in the movies.

In an Abbott and Costello routine Lou was proving he had a hunting license to Bud and showed a picture of Hedy he had in his wallet. Bud said ?that's not a hunting License it's a picture of Hedy Lamarr?, in which Lou said "you hunt what you like and I'll hunt what I like".

Who?s In Your Wallet? HEDY

Thanks to everyone who picked my two favorite brunettes: hedy lamarr and linda darnell--WOW!!! Other faves: bette davis, jane russell, ida lupino, ann sheridan, merle oberon, yvonne decarlo, olivia de havilland, gene tierney, joan crawford, faith domergue, joan bennett, and vera ralston.

> Thanks to everyone who picked my two favorite

> brunettes: hedy lamarr and linda darnell--WOW!!!

> Other faves: bette davis, jane russell, ida lupino,

> ann sheridan, merle oberon, yvonne decarlo, olivia

> de havilland, gene tierney, joan crawford, faith

> domergue, joan bennett, and vera ralston.

Ann Sheridan is a favorite of mine, but she was an Irish REDHEAD !

Linda Darnell,Merle Oberon,Joan Bennett, and Faith Domergue are great choices.

My mistake. In black and white films, I can't tell what color Ann Sheridan's hair is. Sometimes she looks blonde, other times darker. In color films I have seen her with red hair. I guess I love her so much, I didn't want to leave her out. Brunettes rule though. Some others I enjoy watching are: patricia medina, paulette goddard, kay francis, patricia morison, elaine stewart, tallulah bankhead, cyd charisse, ella raines, marie windsor, greta garbo, loretta young, jennifer jones, vivien leigh, and ava gardner.