Sign in to follow this  
jetbike007

why

65 posts in this topic

>It's called having a healthy dose of reality.

I think it's called going too far. Your negative reality soils way too many threads and upends way too many civil conversations, and in my opinion, it is not right and should not be tolerated.

> Because someone may disagree with your thesis does not mean it is bullying.

In the Loretta Young SOTM thread you do seem to be bullying others and attempting to negate any thought process that is in support of TCM honoring her in January. That to me sounds like you more than disagree with TCM and Loretta Young's fans. Out of kindness I would urge you to reconsider the tone of your posts so that they are not construed as harassing in nature. There is certainly room on the forums for divergent opinions, but there should not be room for vicious little attacks and continuously snide remarks. Thanks.

Is the Loretta Young thread for those who only fawn over her?

Absolutely not.

I'm I the only poster who has made comments that are not glowing, in your estimation?

Absolutely not.

Have you excoriated these others individuals for expressing their opinions?

Absolutely not. You seem to only fixate on me.

So from this perspective you are harassing me by demanding that I don't have the right to write as I wish.

LOL

Raquel,

It's a little too late for you to play the victim and to say you are being harassed. After days of having your posts reported, you now are faced with the inevitable task of damage control, which may be causing finger pointing to get yourself out of a jam you created. Hopefully, this will lead to reflection and the road back to kinder and more pleasant posting. Thanks.

You're fixated on me. Stop responding to me if you have issues with someone who disagrees with you.

You're the only poster who reports anythinthig I write. You think you are God's gift to this board.

Raquel,

I am going to ask you to stop responding to me, my threads and my posts only if you cannot be civil. Otherwise you run the risk of having your comments reported. I believe that is how it works around here. Thanks for understanding this.

Why don't you stop responding yourself.

This is all about your ego...............You want to be the one who gets to tell others what to do.

Your ego wants to be the one who wins this kerfuffle.

Are you really this insufferable or is this just a feign to get attention?

>You're the only poster who reports anythinthig I write. You think you are God's gift to this board.

Raquel,

You are the one who wrote a harassing note to me at Thanksgiving. I believe Michael told you not to private message me ever again. So instead of doing that, you seem to be taking out your aggressions in posts on this message board. It is derailing countless threads and conversations that seem rather civil among other posters until you and your brand of reality bursts on to the scene. Enough already.

I sent one PM to tell you that it is not your purpose here to tell me in posts that my posts fall in to two categories. Either rubbish or worthwhile.

Who are you to tell me such an arrogant thing?

Answer a question.

Is this board only for you and your opinions?

Raquel,

Just a few short posts ago in this thread I said there is room for divergent opinions. However, when your posts become vitriolic in nature, sarcastic jabs that seek to demean the other poster, then you are guilty of your own sort of arrogance and hardly in a place to extol the virtues of a better posting community. Please start leading by example, less with the mocking, less with the put-downs, less with the rudeness and less with the general abuse that seems to be your specialty in way too many posts. Thanks.

>I think you should take your own advice and stop directing your posts at my behavior and me personally.

I am going to let Michael direct your behavior. And I am going to let you process this conversation. I look forward to more productive posting with you.

And now, back to our regularly scheduled programming...

Sepatone,

lzcutter made no mention of Andy Hardy, so why are you addressing her? But I think I know who you were too reticent to address.

Now we cannot express our opinion about Andy Hardy films? We are told to lay off him as if he were some poster who reported us for abuse? It's opinion. Please don't tell people to lay off their opinion.

No one is telling you to lay off yours.

> {quote:title=TopBilled wrote:}{quote}

>

> I am going to let Michael direct your behavior. And I am going to let you process this conversation. I look forward to more productive posting with you.

>

I'm sure Michael is grateful that you, TopBilled, will allow him to do his job . Of course, your attitude suggests you exonerate yourself from any blame for a thread that has turned into this kerfuffle. You think you are blameless for this mess?

Maybe you really think this board is for you and you only.

Oy vey the humanity.

> {quote:title=RaquelVixen wrote:}{quote}Would it really kill NBC to run the film with limited commercial interruption?

>

> Now, that would be something to cite as worthy of discussion.

>

>

> Do you really think this movie saves lives? I would like to see the statistics on this theory.

>

Probably. They get a winner and sell it to death. Though I haven't seen it on NBC I'd bet there were those bottom screen promos every now and then.

I was watching the beginning of a movie on another network and the opening credits had barely faded off the screen before some promo popped up.

And why should a network brag on limited interruptions when those interruptions come out to be only network promos? I guess there is practically no moment that can't be filled with something in addition to whatever movie or program is showing.

To your last question. I doubt any movie ever saved a life.

I thought they were "feel good" movies too, until I happened to turn on the TV, and there was a long segment in which he thought his mother might be dying.

Raquel, you need to take a chill pill. I was responding to Whyaduck. I honestly don't KNOW how Izzcutter got into the mix. And I'm glad YOU know who I'm "reticent to address", because I have NO fu**in' idea who it would be. Perhaps you could tell me what I had for breakfast.

I'm not telling anybody to "lay off" giving their opinions. The "lay off Andy Hardy, willya" was meant tongue-in-cheek. Ever hear of it? I suggest, SUGGEST, mind you, NOT telling you, to try having a sense of humor, if any OTHER kind of sense escapes you.

Playing the condescending "school marm" isn't very becoming, Raquel. I don't appreciate being scolded like a 1st grade schoolboy because you seem to take things out of context. If we were to desist using any form of sarcasm or good natured ribbing every now and then in these forums, it would make these message boards kind of dry and boring, don't you think?

Or, DON'T you?

Sepiatone

I don't think Raquel will reply since it appears both WFB and Raquel are now subject to their post being reviewed by the admin here prior to posting. Those two were given a lot of freedom by the admin but as happens in real life when one abuses freedoms they often lose them all together.

Yea, like anyone reading your post couldn't see that your 'lay off' comment was tongue in cheek. But even if one cannot see that, I always recommend one ASK before assuming.

As for Andy Hardy; Corny for sure but than sometimes I'm in a mood for corny!

> {quote:title=movieman1957 wrote:}{quote}

> > {quote:title=RaquelVixen wrote:}{quote}Would it really kill NBC to run the film with limited commercial interruption?

> >

> > Now, that would be something to cite as worthy of discussion.

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > Do you really think this movie saves lives? I would like to see the statistics on this theory.

> >

> Probably. They get a winner and sell it to death. Though I haven't seen it on NBC I'd bet there were those bottom screen promos every now and then.

>

> I was watching the beginning of a movie on another network and the opening credits had barely faded off the screen before some promo popped up.

>

> And why should a network brag on limited interruptions when those interruptions come out to be only network promos? I guess there is practically no moment that can't be filled with something in addition to whatever movie or program is showing.

>

> To your last question. I doubt any movie ever saved a life.

You win your bet! There were four of those bottom screen promos during this screening, which filled up some three hours. There were twelve commercial breaks, averaging four minutes each, for a total of forty-eight minutes, in addition to a movie length of one hundred and thirty minutes and two extra minutes of filler.

In summation:

Life was *NOT* Wonderful with NBC, which ripped this great classic movie into shreds. What *WAS* a wonder to behold was its dedication to this hatchet job, making the job done earlier with Mr. Magoo's Christmas Carol pale beside this magnificent effort. There is no doubt about it; NBC is unexcelled for chopping up the classics. And for this, the viewing audience turned out in droves (a life-saver for NBC?).

musikone

Well I assume most people just have the TV turned on while having family or guest over for the holidays and thus most people are not really watching what is on the screen. So the joke is more on the sponsors. But yea, if someone really turned on NBC to watch It's A Wonderful Life as a solid movie experience, well, what they got was anything but. It must really be a bummer for those that have never seen the movie (but again I assume that most people that turned to NBC that night have seen the movie).

I grew up in a home I watched black and white TV with the

other family members. It was many years before we could

afford color TV to watch our favorite programs.

I look on those days with fondness and enjoyed every movie

and popular TV show with the family.

Every one of them had commercials which did not dampen my

enthusiasm for many of the showings.

Jake in the Heartland

..everyone of them had commercials which did not dampen my enthusiasm for many of the showings...

That maybe that back in the day of B&W TV there were also commercials, however, they did not last nearly as long as they do today, nor were they annoyingly loud and blairing.

They tended to be more in the keeping with the programs themselves and therefore blended in, unlike commercials today.

This is only meant to INFORM, and kindly at that. It's NOT a retort:

It's MICHIGANDERS, finance.

Sepiatone

Ha ha! There's a movie( I forgot the title) where CAMERON DIAZ and KATE WINSLET trade homes during one Christmas season. Winslet makes friends with one of Diaz's neighbors, an old "golden age" movie screen writer( played by Eli Wallach) and at one point says to him, "I NEED corny in my life right now!"

Sepiatone