Sign in to follow this  
TopBilled

MLK Day = Sidney Poitier Day

337 posts in this topic

>OOPS! Yep, you're right, finance. It IS the "Lincoln Memorial"

LOL. Did you live on Sunset Avenue when you lived in L.A.?

LOL

Though I'm sure there HAS to be a "Sunset Avenue" SOMEWHERE in the Greater L.A. area and/or in Arizona, I thought your question there was very funny!

Well done!

Dargo,

Can I give you a special award? You have earned the TopBilled award for two consecutive posts in one thread without any parentheses. Way to go! LOL

Though I do long for simpler days. It just is not the same without seeing all those illustrious ('s and )'s.

LOL...again.

(...but you have NO idea how close I came to placing that "Well done!" part in parentheses...and for the LIFE o' me, I have NO idea why I didn't!!!) ;)

No, actually heuriger, I believe similarly to how schlockmeister William Castle attempted to rip-off Hitchcock's "Psycho" with his own produuction of "Homicidal" , I think "Sunset Avenue" was his little remember 1967 attempt to do the very same thing with Billy Wilder's movie.

(...and as I recall it starred George Nader and Joan Crawford...the latter of which by the mid-60s would take ANY movie she was offered!!!)

;)

Ooooh...good one!

(...and here I must have subconsciously set you up with the "Nader" reference...way to GO!...I'm glad you took advantage of it!!!) ;)

Come to think of it finance, there's a "Sunset Drive" just a mile or so from my house here in Sedona.

And, where "Sunset Park"(where I occasionally play tennis) is located.

>Now I'm completely lost.

Well, all ya gotta do is cross back over the Ben Franklin Bridge from Jersey and I'm SURE you'll be able to find your way back home again, RIGHT?!

They were both known as "The Great One". In the same vein , both singer Jerry Butler and basketballer George Gervin were nicknamed "The Iceman". Coincidentally, I saw them both at a Philly disco at the same time in the late '70s.

> {quote:title=Dargo2 wrote:}{quote}Hmmmm...not sure if you're referrin' to Gretzky or Jackie Gleason here, heuriger???!!!

>

> ;)

Yes !!!!! :^0

What was the name of the film Nader and Crawford starred in? It's a mystery.

FEMALE ON THE BEACH costarred Crawford & Chandler.

THE FEMALE ANIMAL costarred Lamarr & Nader.

But Crawford & Nader never made a film together.

That's what I thought. I couldnt remember them in any film together..............

Well yes, the Nader/Crawford film WAS a mystery(on how it ever got made in the first place...but I digress) AND once again, similarly to "Sunset BLVD" and at the very beginning when we see Holden floating face-down in that pool and we sense that some sort of foulplay has taken place beforehand, Castle's "Sunset Avenue" production opens with Nader face-down on a Wham-O Slip-n-Slide (now here you must remember Castle's usual meager budgets), and we begin to wonder how THAT all came about!