Sign in to follow this  
bongoBill

help with movie

5 posts in this topic

Ok, I need some serious help here with a movie.

First of all let me be clear....it is NOT 'Sahara'.

I dont remember if the movie is black and white or color. WW2 movie.

It was definately made post WW2, probably mid or late 50s to very early 60s...but I would think the 50s.

I am guessing that it is a British film...I dont think it was an Italian film that had been dubbed, but am pretty sure that it wasnt an American film.

I also think that the movie took place in the desert.

The ONLY thing I remember about the film is the closing scene.

The star of the film is standing next to a grave (I dont remember if it was one grave or a couple) that had crosses, maybe dog tags hanging from them. He says something to the grave and on the left hand side of the frame is a column of tanks passing from stage left into center background. Some guys call him from the back of a tank that is going by and he runs off to catch up with them. Heroic music.

Any ideas???

This may be "Five Graves to Cairo" where Froncht Tone is laying a parasol on the grave of Ann Baxter who was murdered by the germans. Erich von Stoheim was the german general. The movie takes place in a desert inn or hotel run by Akim Tamiroff. Tone is a British officer disguised as a servant and Ann Baxter as the maid.

Thanks for the feedback, but it isnt 'Five Graves'. This movie was filmed in the 50s to very early 60s.

Now it IS possible that the movie was 'Tank Force' from 1958 with Victor Mature.... but I would only know by seeing the end of that movie!

> {quote:title=bongoBill wrote:}{quote}Ok, I need some serious help here with a movie.

> First of all let me be clear....it is NOT 'Sahara'.

>

> I dont remember if the movie is black and white or color. WW2 movie.

> It was definately made post WW2, probably mid or late 50s to very early 60s...but I would think the 50s.

> I am guessing that it is a British film...I dont think it was an Italian film that had been dubbed, but am pretty sure that it wasnt an American film.

> I also think that the movie took place in the desert.

>

> The ONLY thing I remember about the film is the closing scene.

> The star of the film is standing next to a grave (I dont remember if it was one grave or a couple) that had crosses, maybe dog tags hanging from them. He says something to the grave and on the left hand side of the frame is a column of tanks passing from stage left into center background. Some guys call him from the back of a tank that is going by and he runs off to catch up with them. Heroic music.

>

> Any ideas???

I believe that the movie you're thinking of is BITTER VICTORY (1957), starring Richard Burton (it's his character's grave you remember at the end of the film) and Curt Jurgens.

No, wasn't 'Bitter Victory' either. On the off chance that it was, I watched this a couple of months ago.

One day I'll find out! lol