Sign in to follow this  
surfernick

2013 Festival Schedule Question

3 posts in this topic

Hello,

I'm attempting to determine the date and time for the screening of the movie "It' during the 2013 TCM Film Festival. I've checked the TCM Film Festival news and the TCM site, but I can't seem to find the date/time. I am a relative of Antonio Moreno and I'd like to see him on the big screen if possible.

Information will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Nick

Hi Nick -

Unfortunately, the exact screening times aren't released -- or probably even determined -- this far in advance. The soonest you will likely be able to find out the screening time of *It* is the second week of April. Around that time the Film Festival will release a daily grid containing all the screenings over the entire weekend.

Just a heads up, the screenings of silent films with live accompaniament are very popular with the Film Festival attendees. They can fill up quickly and easily. But such screenings are presented in the large Egyptian theater so it may be possible to snag an individual seat. You'll just have to be in the public sales line early. A single seat will likely cost $20.

Or, if you are at all interested in attending other films in The Egyptian and/or The Chinese, the Film Festival does offer a "Palace Pass" specifically for those two theaters. It is $249 but does let one into all screenings in those two theaters Friday through Sunday.

Of course, until one learns what films are in those theaters, it may be too early to decide if such a pass is a worthwhile investment.

Anyway, I do hope it all works out so that you can attend this special event and see your relative on the big screen in the best possible circumstances.

Hello and thank you for the background information. I thought I was missing a link on the site (I feel better about my computer forum skills now).

I will try for the single seat option and keep my fingers crossed. It's really a thrill to see my grandfather up on the big screen in a nice theater setting. I was able to attend the screening of 'The Spanish Dancer" at the San Francisco Silent Film Festival last year and it was quite an experience. It would be doubly good to see a screening in Hollywood.

Thank you again!

Nick