Sign in to follow this  
classiccinemafan

ever met a person who looked like a classic film star ?

26 posts in this topic

The other day I was shopping at Costco with my folks. We were leaving and I seen this man talking to my mother. This man looked like John Garfield. Same face and same voice. He was nice. He said hello and mentioned seeing us shop there the other week. I wanted to ask him if he was related to Garfield , but never did. Later that day , I looked John Garfield up and found he never had a son. Just a daughter.

How can some one look so much alike and sound the same ?

Edited by: classiccinemafan on Apr 9, 2013 12:34 AM

+...this guy that looked like James Dean, nothing happened, they were

just friends.+

If he had been the REAL James Dean, nothing would have happened either...:)

> {quote:title=classiccinemafan wrote:}{quote}

> He said hello and mentioned seeing us shop there the other week. I wanted to ask him if he was related to Garfield , but never did. Later that day , I looked John Garfield up and found he never had a son. Just a daughter.

John Garfield did have a son, but he's been deceased since 1994:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0307260/

I once saw a woman in a restaurant who was a dead ringer for Jean Arthur. I went over and told her. She had no idea who Jean Arthur was...........There is an ELDERLY man in my condo who looks like Victor Moore. I told him, and again got a blank stare. See a trend here?

Ok this man wasn't a classic film star, so sue me.

There was a man who lived in my grandmother's building in Chicago who was a dead ringer for Captian Kangaroo, (Bob Keeshan.) Later I found out he was evicted for stealing woman's underwear out of the laundry.

(BTW Mr Green Jeans son was NOT Frank Zappa.)

Back in high school...ahem...excuse me...WAY back in high school, my Drafting class teacher looked exactly like Alan Ladd. In fact, I once told him that and he admitted that he did occasionally have people walk up to him and tell him that.

Of course from then of out, every once in a while when he'd walk past my drafting board, I would jokingly call out, "SHANE! COME BACK, SHANE!", to which he would just turn around smile in return. Well, that is UNTIL one day he told me that that wasn't funny anymore, so quit it!

(...yep, I was the class clown back...ahem...WAY back then alright...no surprise THERE, huh!) ;)

A few...

I already mentioned the girl a buddy married( eventually) who was the spitting image( strange phrase. Never ONCE saw her actually spit ) of VIRGINIA MAYO.

My one buddy's Grandpa looked just like BURT MUSTIN.

My older daughter's fourth grade teacher looked like JOHN GEILGUD. In DRAG! :0

A good friend of mine at the Cadillac plant I worked at could have doubled as a young REX INGRAM.

And also while not a "classic movie" actor, the buddy who was married to the VIRGINIA MAYO double was the mirror image of ROBERT POWELL from *Jesus of Nazareth* .

Sepiatone

I knew a pilot in Okinawa who looked like Richard Gere, but he was better looking than Richard, and better built. When I knew him Richard Gere wasnt even around; it wan't till later, when he made his appearance in movies, that I noted the resemblance. This guy would have made a better Richard Gere than Richard Gere did. He was so charismatic on his own that men liked him and women fell for him right away. He had a sweet, philosophic personality; the other pilots said he was extremely talented as a pilot himself; and he could play the piano. He did, with me.

I wonder if he's got gray hair now like Richard? He'd be 76 now.

I met a friend of a friend..of a friend of a friend....of a friend of a friend of a friend.....who knew a friend who said he knew a guy that looked like ZaSu Pitts

Years ago, I used to know a man who looked exactly the way Leslie Nielsen looked in the Naked Gun series. This man used to joke around about it. I don't know what happened to him. I don't know anyone who looks (or looked) like a film star from the Golden Age of movies.

A number of years ago I saw a cashier in a cafeteria in Atlanta who looked like Lee Remick. She said that other people also had told her so, and that her husband thought she looked like Lee Remick.

>I met a friend of a friend..of a friend of a friend....of a friend of a friend of a friend.....who knew a friend who said he knew a guy that looked like ZaSu Pitts.

Wow! Ya know that reminds me...I once knew a woman who over time separated from her husband six times before they finally worked it out.

(...though I always thought it was just a coincidence that her husband looked just like Kevin Bacon)

I had a high school math teacher who had a strong resemblance to Lee Marvin. Also in HS, I had a close friend named Donald McCallum who was the spitting image of David McCallum of The Man from U.N.C.L.E., just a few years younger. Donald swore he was no relation to David.

V. X. , referring to your comment in the "who you would like to lookalike" thread, I remember a high school teacher who resembled Ralph Meeker ( I would think of "Bugs" Moran from The St Valentine's Day Massacre). I have a cousin who in his younger days looked a lot like Vince Edwards. In college I had a professor who looked a lot like Carl Yastremski .

OK, not exactly "classic" or "golden age" actors...

But a few people have told me I sort of resemble CHEVY CHASE. With a beard. I really don't see it, and neither does my wife.

But what I thought was funny, was when I was doing wedding photography, a wedding guest walked up and told me the same thing.

What the funny part was, that when I turned to look at him, HE looked just like BILL MURRAY did during his SNL-moustache phase!

Will never forget it!

Sepiatone

Yep, I occasionally hear I resemble James Coburn. In fact, it happened just a couple weeks ago again after I parked my motorcycle in front of an Ace Hardware store and removed my helmet, and a guy walked up to admire my Triumph.

I had a professor in college who was a dead ringer for Bill Murray. Everyone else thought so, too. He was actually an Australian with one of those long Polish names, though.

Not physically a double, but personality-wise: if Cate Blanchett's portrayal of Katharine Hepburn in The Aviator has any basis in reality, then my HS valedictorian had the EXACT SAME personality as Hepburn.